Like John Mayer Stratocaster

pietrosrv

New Member!
Sep 26, 2016
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Hello you all,

My name is Marcio, and this is my very first post here.

I have been playing for a couple years. Last month I had the chance to put my hands on a John Mayer Stratocaster, I found it really nice, I mean, the frets(6105), the neck, not too thin, or thick, just the ideal for me. Nut width 42mm.

Do you guys know which of the available models nowadays have the most similiar specs?

Thank you all,

Marcio Di Pietro

Percy

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 18, 2013
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Hello you all,

My name is Marcio, and this is my very first post here.

I have been playing for a couple years. Last month I had the chance to put my hands on a John Mayer Stratocaster, I found it really nice, I mean, the frets(6105), the neck, not too thin, or thick, just the ideal for me. Nut width 42mm.

Do you guys know which of the available models nowadays have the most similiar specs?

Thank you all,

Marcio Di Pietro

Mayer Strats have gone up in price i just sold a mayer start body on ebay[ buy it now] sold right away one hour after it listed.I wish i had a truck load of mayer strats.I think they were made from 2005-2012

Murphcaster

Senior Stratmaster
Oct 17, 2013
WV
Hmm. I didn't do a lot of research but the one that quickly came to mind is this one, but with a few caveats of course. It has a 7.25" radius instead of 9.5" but they do share the same narrow jumbo frets. The neck, I believe, will be a little slimmer than the Mayer. Pickups are of course different. Last but not least is the slightly worn finish on the Road Worn. This bugs some, others are fine with it. Others may be able to suggest one closer to Mayer specs but this one isn't too far off.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratRW60OWT