Join Strat-Talk Today

Like magic...just turned a firearm into a guitar today

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by 3bolt79, Sep 10, 2019.

1. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

I sold a Browning Buckmark (not the one my son gave to me) and took the proceeds and ordered guitar from MF. I was looking at Epiphone Korina V’s and explorers, but they were kind of pricey. Almost got the Epiphone V, and then looked at the Dean 79 v’s and Z’s. And found a flame top Dean 79 v in Brazilia burst. I remember one of my son’s friends had one, and I really liked the look and the pickups weren’t too bad either. Guitar is made in China, but so were the Epiphones. I kinda liked the split headstock. And the price was better than the epiphones. And if I decide that I didn’t like it, I have 45 days to return it. So they are shipping it ground for free, and it will probably be here this time next week. I will post some photos when I get it. I just wanted something with humbuckers that wasn’t a strat or LP. If any of you have experience with this guitar, I would love to hear about it.

2. duzie

duzie Senior Stratmaster

Cool!
    My inner child has wanted to pull the trigger on one of those :D
    Pics and comments on build quality, playability etc. please!

Fairlane 63 and 3bolt79 like this.
  3. Alan Crossley

Alan Crossley Senior Stratmaster

Wh

What will you shoot the rats in your woodshed with?

3bolt79 likes this.
  4. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

congrats

i used to work for Armadillo Enterprises in clearwater FL back in 2000. I really regret not grabbing a few Dean's with my employee discount.

3bolt79 likes this.
  5. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    My local GC had a used MIC blueburst Dean V last week that I was looking at but it was very lightweight. The older Korean ones had some weight to them and I like that.

3bolt79 likes this.
  6. 3bolt79

I would probably try to make the rats into pets ha ha. Seriously though, I just didn’t need two .22’s. I just use them for target practice. I kept the nice long barreled one that my son got me and sold the other one. Tin cans beware.

duzie likes this.
  7. 3bolt79

Yeah that would be pretty tempting. I wouldn’t be able to resist the temptation. I was really torn as to whether I should get the Z or the V. Since they didn’t have a Z in that color without Floyd Rose, I want for the V. If the pickups don’t sound good, I will drop a couple of Dimarzio super distortions in it.

8. 3bolt79

9. Swampash

Swampash Senior Stratmaster

More guitars, fewer guns.

10. 3bolt79

I really wish we didn't need guns. I love to shoot. Uncle Sam trained me well. But I am down to two pistols. A .22 and a nine millimeter. Thats enough to defend the house. I haven't shot competitively for years. It just seems like once you can get all of your shots in the X ring, well it gets kind of boring. Anybody tries to break into my house though, they are toast.

11. 3bolt79

Sometimes i think about all the money i jave sitting in guns, and im bummed, because i can't pick them up and tune them. I can't play them. So I sold one and financed my new V.

12. GunMonkeyINTL

GunMonkeyINTL Senior Stratmaster

I once turned a S&W 29 (8 3/8”, pinned and recessed “Dirty Harry special”) into a Martin D15M.

I still wince about it from time to time, but then I remind myself how I got the 29 for exactly $0, how many years it sat in the safe, how infrequently it came out, and that the D15 is ALWAYS on the wall where I can pull it down and enjoy it.

T Bone Slort and 3bolt79 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.