Lockdown boosts sales of Fender

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Wound_Up, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Fuzz Meister General Strat-Talk Supporter

Here you go man, per your own quote stating Fender was bragging! I did not misrepresent your words at all, maybe you can't remember what you post but that is not my problem.

My comments about the discounts were in reference to your two separate posts complaining about lack of Labor Day sales (which Vivid already proved to you there were sales and I have an email from GC advertising Labor Day sales so not sure why you couldn't find any) and to show you that if you know how to ask for a discount then you don't need to wait for holiday sales. I also cited 4 purchases since June where I got discounts on pedals just by asking. Are you too afraid to simply ask your sales person for a better price?

As I told you Fender did help raise money for musicians that are out of work as well as already establishing a foundation to help young musicians. Funny that Fender who produced one amp several years back with Joe B. stepped up to partner with him on his live streams that raised money for out of work musicians yet Gibson who has several Sig model guitars of his did not. Maybe if you should have researched it before accusing Fender of not helping musicians out.

And @Yaralag is right, no company owes any of their profits to anyone (unless you have shareholders) yet Fender has given back to the community during this even if you did not bother to research and find out they had. Venues are business just like anyone else and need to be able to stand or fall on their own, just like Fender had to either survive or fail. Many business will not make it through this and while that may be sad it's the way a free market capitalist economy works.

Bladesg, Neil.C, Deafsoundguy and 3 others like this.
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

It's making me hungrier for it, than any time in the past 10 years or so. Hopefully it does breed new acts. Because with new acts, comes more venues who are willing to shell out for music, it seems like. My area is a total dead zone for original music, would be cool to have any kind of "scene." most of that died off by the time I was in my mid-20s.

If you want to do anything, you have to leave this area, it seems like.

Anyway, I've bought Fenders during the pandemic, just not new from Fender. Glad it's going well for them. Would be sad to see them ever shutter their doors.

Stratoskater likes this.
  3. myredstrat

myredstrat Senior Stratmaster

A telekulele

4. Deafsoundguy

Deafsoundguy Strat-O-Master

It's funny to hear you say "dead zone" because that was the exact words a friend who's toured across the US as a roadie and tech. I remember him saying that once you pass the Willamette valley (in Oregon) that it's like a tundra of non existent musicianship (for the most part) until you hit the latitude of Nashville. Like there's just nuthin' in between. This was some years ago and I know that great musicians and bands can come from anywhere. However, that being said I'd bet my life on it from doing sound here in Oregon for the past 35+ years there's a uncanny amount of truly gifted players and bands in the Pacific NW. I mean there's just so many awesome musicians Ive dealt with it's just mind boggling. And of all styles.

I got to do sound for the Wildwood Festival starting about 3 years ago. Mind blowing new talent that you'd never hear on the radio. I saw this one guy with a suitcase full of crap and a guitar and he blew my mind and my monitor tech away. Suitcase Junkie I think was his act (solo). Three days of really eye opening talent. Times like that is when I sit back and go "man I love my job :D".

Bob the builder and nickmsmith like this.
  5. oregonelf

oregonelf Strat-Talk Member

You got me! Now use the same zeal in defending your local music scene from extinction instead of praising hedge-fund owned billion dollar corporations!

6. oregonelf

I'm sure you'll get 10% from FMIC for your diligence, now if you would actually defend your local music scene from destruction instead of billion dollar corps that would be truly worthwhile.

99% of forum posters have negligible actual gigging time. You're noodlers and nothing wrong with that, however in the real world of 1099 musicians, Fender and other making record profits during pandemic times is def not a good look.

7. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Most Honored Senior Member

You're a funny guy

8. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Most Honored Senior Member

I was being facetious

Deafsoundguy and Stratoskater like this.
  9. Yaralag

Yaralag Senior Stratmaster

You don't know anything about me and I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

Stratoskater likes this.
  10. Stratoskater

Sorry you are too dense to remember what you posted but you said I misrepresented your words which was completely false. If you hate Fender so much why are you here? Definitely not to add anything useful to conversations. And I am a local gigging musician so I do support and defend my local scene. Enjoy the cornfield with the other trolls.

11. Stratoskater

I figured you were my man :thumb:. You’re too good a person to agree with a troll like that guy.

Bob the builder likes this.
  12. Yaralag

Yaralag Senior Stratmaster

meme.jpg

Stratoskater likes this.
  13. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Most Honored Senior Member

It's good to hear Fender is going well. And I also wonder if other guitar manufacturers are doing well - Particularly lesser-known ones. I wonder if G&L in particular has seen a similar increase in sales.

14. oregonelf

Cringe.

15. Stratoskater

@Wound_Up sorry for my part in derailing your thread that was meant to share good news about one of our favorite guitar companies doing well. There is always one troll out there waiting to piss on the cornflakes and I should have just ignored him. He’s tending the cornfield now though so I won’t see his crap anymore.

16. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Strat-O-Master

Lmao! Wow. Gotta suck to have that sort of viewpoint. Smdh.

If you ain't got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. How bout that?

Profiting from an, epidemic? Lmfao. Sure dude. If you hate fender so much why exactly are you here?

Stratoskater and Deafsoundguy like this.
  17. stratfanGB

stratfanGB Strat-Talk Member

So many people today think that making money as a corporation or as an individual is evil, and that they should get a piece of it for doing nothing. They think that THEY should be able to tell a company what they should do with their money. Outright hate for successful people who worked hard for what they have.

What a dope!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Stratoskater likes this.
  18. train

train Strat-Talk Member Silver Member

Wow thanks for the info. So we can put to rest the guitar is dead theory that has been hanging around like a bad cold since 2007. Any way I’m going with it. Will this be the catalyst servco. Needs to get it’s I.p.o.

19. Cerb

Cerb Anti conformist reformist Strat-Talk Supporter

Will there be a boom of guitar heros in 10 years?

20. train

train Strat-Talk Member Silver Member

There is going to be a hoard of used on the other side of this.