Lockdown boosts sales of Fender

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Wound_Up, Sep 9, 2020.

1. grritz

grritz Still 17 between the ears Strat-Talk Supporter

2. Hydr0

Hydr0 Strat-O-Master

not for anything, but if you want to do something to change Fender's actions toward redistributing it's profits, you should vote with your wallet by NOT buying things like a Squier from Fender.com...seems most logical to me. Complaining on forums about what a private company should do with it's profits while you are still buying from them just doesn't make any sense to me :confused: Buying from them now only encourages their current behavior, you must see that, right?...and btw, i'm totally free market, companies should do whatever they want with their profits as long as it's legal.

Stratoskater and Chont like this.
  3. Jead

Jead Strat-Talk Member

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/09/10/guitar-sales-uptick-fender/

The newfound interest in Fender guitars is also coming from younger buyers. A fifth of the app’s latest users are age 24 or younger, whereas 70 percent are under the age of 45. And nearly half of the rock-minded persons are female, which is substantially higher than pre-pandemic averages.

Let's see if I can spin this to be bad news.....Got it - Fender is a Corporation. Corporations are bad m'kay?
    But seriously.... As long as Fender has a commitment to maintain reasonable quality then their success should theoretically translate to streamlining production and more effective R&D. Easier access to potentially better and less expensive products? Sign me up, I'm good with that.

Certainly if there has been a huge influx of beginner players there will be a huge influx of used instruments hitting the market in a few years. Those that stick with it will want to upgrade and those that lose interest will divest. I'm ok with that too. At the very least there will be more people who have an idea of what it takes in terms of practice and dedication to advance beyond cowboy chords.... many people will discover a creative side they never thought they had - fantastic! Some will be discouraged but still come away with a different understanding and appreciation of music and musicianship..... personal growth? Yup, I'm ok with that too.

Anyway. to suggest that Fender has some kind of responsiblity to stave off impending doom is ludicrous

I think even a tool ^ should be able to recognize that Fender actually builds tools. I don't blame the hammer if the house burns down but I'll use it to rebuild the house.

Stratoskater likes this.
  4. oregonelf

oregonelf Strat-Talk Member

Complaining on forums about what private individuals should post doesn't make alot of sense to me. If you want an echo chamber shut your bathroom door and shout at your reflection.

You being "free market" simply means you're a willing dumping grounds of alot of corporate marketing, not much to be proud of there!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  5. oregonelf

"Why am I here", spoken like a true bedroom gig player who stalks the comment sections of articles. GG.

For the record I've asked to have my account deleted but, then the advertising numbers wouldn't look right.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  6. oregonelf

Takes a tool to know a tool. How about getting good with guitar instead of being champ of keyboard cluelessness?

3bolt79 likes this.
  7. Jead

Jead Strat-Talk Member

I've given it some more thought and you're right. The fact that FMIC has had a good year is incontrovertible evidence that FMIC in fact created and spread the virus to all corners of the Earth in order to boost corporate profits. It all makes sense now.o_O

8. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

Using stimulus money!

9. Hydr0

Hydr0 Strat-O-Master

umm..that's not what free market means, you might want to look that one up...anyway, you are the one who bought your guitar from fender.com and their marketing department, I got mine used :whistling:

Stratoskater likes this.
  10. Axeman826

Axeman826 Strat-Talk Member

Look, I aint mad at Fender, because they may or may not "give back"... Sadly, there is NOTHING even suggesting that when a company has a windfall, they should "share the wealth".... I'm actually glad that an American company IS having some success, in these trying times... Methinks I would be more upset, IF Gibson was enjoying these sales..