- alder body, rosewood fretboard

The 2 first specs are the most crucial
My budget is around 1500 USD (or Euros)

Any help?

GtrDN

Strat-Talk Member
Jan 22, 2022
Europe
First af all thanks all of you for your responces!

@Lucius Paisley nice one but still not the specs i like

@White Dog afaik Player Plus has 2 point tremolo. Vintera seems close but i think there is no "vintage spec" model with 42,8 mm nut. (i have fairly big hands and all my guitars has this width). Also i would prefer a USA model

@Siameser easy :D

@brianlps seems good but the 42 mm nut is a drawback to me. I think maybe at the end i have to compromise

John C

Most Honored Senior Member
Silver Member
Jul 17, 2012
Kansas City
At the present time if you want the 6-screw trem and the 1.685" nut width you pretty much have to learn to live with the large headstock and go with an American Performer or the older American Special. Or you have to live with the 2-post tremolo and go for the Player Plus to get the smaller headstock.

GtrDN

Strat-Talk Member
Jan 22, 2022
Europe
At the present time if you want the 6-screw trem and the 1.685" nut width you pretty much have to learn to live with the large headstock and go with an American Performer or the older American Special. Or you have to live with the 2-post tremolo and go for the Player Plus to get the smaller headstock.

Yes i think there is no model with these 2 specs combined and i have already 2 guitars with a 2 post trem. So, i have to live with the smaller nut width because for some reason i dislike the big headstock.

FuncleManson

Strat-Talker
May 23, 2021
Moline, IL
I'm gonna give the same answer I always seem to. Build one. You can get all those features for less than $1500. However, I must add the obligatory disclaimer that it won't have the same resale value as a Fender.

heltershelton

Vivamus libero Vivamus duris
Jun 5, 2013
Texas
First af all thanks all of you for your responces!

@Lucius Paisley nice one but still not the specs i like

@White Dog afaik Player Plus has 2 point tremolo. Vintera seems close but i think there is no "vintage spec" model with 42,8 mm nut. (i have fairly big hands and all my guitars has this width). Also i would prefer a USA model

@Siameser easy :D

@brianlps seems good but the 42 mm nut is a drawback to me. I think maybe at the end i have to compromise

does it HAVE to be a fender?
why not build a warmoth exactly to your specs and be done with it?

GtrDN

Strat-Talk Member
Jan 22, 2022
Europe
https://wildwoodguitars.com/product...y-commemorative-stratocaster-17/?cat_id=21782

Unless I missed something this should hit the mark. And I think if you call them you could get close to you’re budget.

ah… maple not rosewood.

Yoy miss the first spec but it's ok, thx for the answer :)

@FuncleManson and @heltershelton i know i can built one, i already have a USAGC but it's a super strat with 2 point trem. If i don't find a model from Fender maybe i'll built a custom partscaster but i wanted to search first

Martian Eye

Strat-Talker
Jan 8, 2022
Texas
Check out Stratosphereparts, they have pretty much every fender bodies and necks. 1500usd should be more than enough to find what you need.