Looks like Fender raised prices again.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by instanthlouse, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Tylerlayne

Tylerlayne Strat-Talker

Makes me feel like I got a deal now. Bought my Amer Pro II in November.

Exhead and JP68 like this.
  2. stratlt

stratlt Strat-Talker Gold Supporting Member

Raw materials become more expensive almost every month, logistics as well! So it doesn’t surprise me.

fos1 likes this.
  3. Textele

Textele RIP Silver Member

Yep, I don't trust either company anymore.

I used to do almost all of my business through Musicians Friend, they really did a great job for many, many, years.

Until I started getting floor merchandise from GC's at new pricing.

nadzab and CB91710 like this.
  4. afireinside

afireinside Strat-Talker

Exactly about MF/GC on christmas they had a huge sale on Heritages. I wanted to try a Custom Shop core Heritage H150. $800 off! 48/months. 4 Days go by, no shipping info..... weird.

Called MF and he admitted it was a GC floor model....... gave me the particular stores number and I called for pics/damage evaluation but he couldn't. Was already boxed up..... (shipping delay was a system miscommunication between MF/GC apparently)

So it arrives tomorrow, but im already sour..... this was the last one they had anywhere. But as we all know even GCs platinum guitars will be taken down and handed to any 10 year old with spiked belts..... and for $3200 w/tax it better be just perfect!

fos1, diogoguitar and Mongoose like this.
  5. Davono

Davono Strat-Talker

I would normally agree with you, but with government basically chucking money out from massively low interest rates, it's almost like when Zimbabwe printed money and people were going to work, by time they got a week's wages, the wages were no longer enough to buy bread. So....we have gas and electricity prices up 18% after 4 price increases here, rents up 12%, house prices up 15%> building materials up 22%, land up 7%. A lot of basics are staying down but my groceries have gone from €150 to €180. They are making the profit for sure, but they are like any cooperation. They want money, they promise shareholders a % return and the rest is just what happens. The problem is we love fenders, and the love not being reciprocal has a sting. Still sucks though.

fos1 likes this.
  6. Mizu

Mizu Strat-Talk Member

Got this bad boy for $1350 on Sweetwater so I'm feeling gewwwwddd.

IMG_6434.jpg

Attached Files:

fos1, radd, JP68 and 6 others like this.
  7. radd

radd Strat-O-Master

I actually thought the American Pro 2 Strat was a bargain price at $1,499 when I bought one a month or so ago. I’m glad I did not wait. I have said this before, but I actually think I’m done buying guitars. :eek:

fos1, JP68 and Mizu like this.
  8. ms21

ms21 Strat-Talk Member

Well, yes. But your second paragraph does kinda contradict your first. You're effectively saying it's a buyers market so Fender (the seller) have to raise prices.

The problem is, and the reason people get so wound up with Fender is that they objectively charge a very lucrative premium for nothing other than putting their name on the headstock. And they deliberately sell lower end models short to ensure there is still a market for top end USA models & custom shop.

I think the Player Series was the most impressive mid-budget guitar they've ever released though so you have to give credit where it's due. And if any guitar company have earned the right to charge a premium for the brand, it's Fender. But there is a point where it becomes extortionate & the fact remains that you remove an F logo from the headstock and you can do a heck of a lot better for the same money elsewhere.

9. StratAlchemist

StratAlchemist Strat-O-Master

I love reading stories of our heroes of when they wanted a new guitar they traded the one they had in hand usually with a little cash to square up…SRV, Bloomfield and Allman come to mind.

CB91710 and Mizu like this.
  10. CB91710

CB91710 No GAS shortage here Double Platinum Supporting Member

Even Bonamassa still talks about having to sell one to get one he wants.

StratAlchemist likes this.
  11. Morlock

Morlock Strat-Talker

I thought I might want a SSS Strat as my current one is HSS, I've noticed there's little difference anyway. I have Squier Tele which is great too.

Tempted by a Jag but if I'm honest I can get those tones from my Mustang amp.

I'm learning I don't need as many guitars as I think I do lol.

12. Leofender

Leofender Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

I see what you did there... Dough...
    Funny... Seriously though, I think that for some people, mo cash makes it sound better...!

13. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985

The sky is falling!

StratoMutt and Stonetone like this.
  14. radd

radd Strat-O-Master

That was been my rule for almost two years, one in, one out.

15. afireinside

afireinside Strat-Talker

My rule has been buy 8 sell 0.

Buuuut ive decided its silly now i need to off a few

fos1, rlongnt and CB91710 like this.
  16. SlyStrat

SlyStrat Strat-O-Master

I'm not buying an Am Pro Strat for $1800.

JP68 likes this.
  17. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

good old shrinkflation, company's first defense against inflation..."will they notice?"...yea eventually they do, but still have to deal with it.

fos1, The_Whale and StratUp like this.
  18. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

wow, the amp i bought from sweetwater is $2,349 now. I bought it in December for $2,199 (still waiting on it, probably another month away). It's a Custom '57 Deluxe..i think that amp was $1,999 a few months ago, maybe longer, i cant remember. No wonder i couldn't get anything better than 1/2 price cables when I bought it. I guess I'm glad I eventually pulled the trigger. :)

JP68 and StratUp like this.
  19. WelhavenT

WelhavenT Senior Stratmaster

I’m done buying guitars anyway. I want out of the rabbithole, and rather spend my money on other stuff, and my precious time playing the guitar instead of nerding about them.

20. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Senior Stratmaster

The real news will be when a year goes by that Fender, or anybody for that matter, does not raise prices. That's the thread I'm looking forward to.

StratUp, CB91710 and Bob the builder like this.