Loop pedal that acts more like a sampler?

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Antigua, May 7, 2019.

1. Antigua

Antigua Senior Stratmaster

I have various looper pedals, including a Boomerang III and some cheaper Ditto type loop pedals, and the shortcoming with those is that they all have a "step to record", "step to stop and playback" way of working, and you have to manually press it again to stop it. I'm looking for something that's more like, "press and hold to record", "press and hold to play back", and maybe only plays once by default. Sometimes I have a little riff I want to sound out, but I don't want it playing over and over, I just want to stomp once to trigger it, and not have to worry about it repeating if I don't manage to stop it, and I don't want to have to worry about stopping it anyway. Basically more of a sampler than a looper. Does anyone know of a pedal that does this?

Part of the reason for this is I jam with a drummer who can't keep time for anything, and it's just for fun so I'm not going to give him guff about it, but he'd out of sync with any loop I make within two measures or less. In a sense I want to use the pedal to stand in for the lead guitar rather than the rhythm.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  2. restron

restron New Member!

If you can be bothered to get it all set upproperly garageband on the iPad is the best looper I've ever seen.

3. Miotch

Miotch Senior Stratmaster

To date, I've never found a looper I could punch in and out of seamlessly. Good luck in your search.

4. Heartfelt

Heartfelt Strat-Talker

TC Wiretap? Sort of seems to do what you describe