Join Strat-Talk Today

LSR Roller Nut Problem.

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by Gezza, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Gezza

Gezza New Member!

Hey Guys,

I have a Fender Strat Plus, comes with the LSR Roller nut.

Now this is happening all the time, when I solo.

The little E sting is slipping of the LSR Roller nut, I have to then in the middle of a solo push it back into place.

Does anybody have a remedy for this??

Thanks,

Gezza.

2. Martin Walker

Martin Walker Strat-Talk Member

Swap it out for a bone nut.

3. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

That should not happen. Are you using very light strings? I had a strat plus from the 80s and I know the roller nut has changed. The strings on mine could not have popped out. I'd have a luthier look at it that soud really annoying. If you use heavier strings they might have a harder time squeezing out of the gap.

4. Phat-O-Caster

Phat-O-Caster Senior Stratmaster

Never happened on my LSR & I have flogged that poor ***** without mercy-Do you have string trees or staggered locking tuners to keep the string tension downward on the roller nut?

5. boof

boof Senior Stratmaster

I heave heard of this before. It is most likely the alignment. Since it is a bolt on neck give the strings some slack but you don't need to take them off. then loosen up the bolts for the neck plate but again you don't need to remove them. give the neck a pull towards you (towards the low e if that makes sense) till it is in proper alignment. tighten everything back up and you should be good to go.

Boof

6. fenderkev

fenderkev Most Honored Senior Member

With the proper staggered height tuners that came on the guitar this shouldn't happen. Any chance they've been changed? The 80's Strat Plus had a Wilkinson "over and under", roller nut that I personally prefer, that did away with the need for string tree's, though many consider the LSR as being superior.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.