MAN INSANE first rough cut demo

Discussion in 'MyMusic Forum' started by j2b4osan, Dec 20, 2009.

1. j2b4osan

j2b4osan Strat-Talker

me and my friend have been working together for a while and now we got a drum kit cause we cant find a drummer and we switch up on drums and guit. this is the first gag attempt at us recording using the internal mic on the imac in my basement. just gettin our feet wet aproaching our stereopahetic soulmaneur stage and are wondering what the public thinks. and yes I know the recording quality is crap.

BE AS BRUTAL AND INSULTING AS YOU WANT I WANT THE HONESTY!!!

YouTube - **** kicker1 MAN INSANE

2. sarNz

sarNz Senior Stratmaster

you gotta find another way to record man, i can't even hear anything besides drums.

3. j2b4osan

j2b4osan Strat-Talker

you gotta really listen and make your levels better to hear everything but I know its a super rough cut.

but find a better way to record isnt really a critique. was the feel of the song badass of shwag and crappy?

4. sarNz

sarNz Senior Stratmaster

i tried listening again and i cant get the feel of the song cus i cant hear anything besides the drums... i can hear someone in the background, but cannot make out a single word. cannot make out a single riff of the guitar either.

i've been recording for a while, and what happens is when you know what you are playing you can hear it. but to someone who doesn't know what to expect, it's impossible to distinguish anything.

say you recorded a cover of a popular song, we would probably be able to figure out one part from another because we know how it goes. but such a rough cut of a song we have no idea about is like asking us to critique noise.

so, sorry! i would give critique but i legitimately cannot hear ANYTHING besides ting ting ting ting ting ting ting boom boom bop boom boom bop tshhh

5. highway-one

highway-one Strat-O-Master

tell who ever is playing drums to not play so loud

6. highway-one

highway-one Strat-O-Master

lmao:p you can do better. get some brush stics if u cant make the amp loud like a tube amp

7. platypibri

platypibri Senior Stratmaster

8. j2b4osan

j2b4osan Strat-Talker

was using garage band internal mic just recording on one track spur of the moment raw and uncut just whatever pops into our heads and hands it was supposed to be rough and raw not tailored leveled and fancy. it was a capture the moment we had access to the drum set and let loose. was playin through a 10w orange I know its not a masterpiece but its got balls..

9. sarNz

sarNz Senior Stratmaster

ok, i'm going to make a reference to another thread since you seem to be a little defensive about this.

in that other thread, there was a difference between crap guitars, and total junk guitars. crap guitars were playable, just a little harder to handle than a nice guitar, and total junk was firewood.

in these terms, your recording would be in the firewood pile. i am NOT! repeat NOT critiquing your singing, playing, ideas, or entire performance - only the recording. just i, and pretty much everyone else, cannot hear anything besides the drums. i know it is supposed to be a rough cut, but there IS such thing as too rough. it reaches that point when you cannot distinguish the vocals from the drums from the guitar. you may be able to because you played it. it wouldn't matter if stuff was off the chain peaking, no levels set, and the entire thing was distorted as long as you could hear peaking drums, peaking guitar, and peaking vocals. but everything is drowned out by the drums.

a laptop internal mic is barely suitable for webcam chats, nevermind micing a band performance. i mean i hope you don't take this as harsh... i'm only trying to give you insight as to why no one has really commented on it. just buy something more suitable to record it with and then re-upload it...