Maple or Rosewood neck for Miami Blue?

Cheeg

New Member!
Jan 12, 2022
US
Having a hell of a time deciding here. Could use some feedback on what neck you guys think looks better. Tone isn’t a concern, either will sound awesome.

Maple looks more classic and streamlined but rosewood looks “hipper” and busier in a good way imo. It mutes the candied-out aspect a bit.

Any opinions appreciated!

Attachments

• 39D451E3-A0AB-4B45-9600-A46796892255.jpeg
    39D451E3-A0AB-4B45-9600-A46796892255.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 77E7E44A-612D-490B-8E9E-74DC11190B32.jpeg
    77E7E44A-612D-490B-8E9E-74DC11190B32.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 75

Higgins1980

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 11, 2013
North Carolina
Having a hell of a time deciding here. Could use some feedback on what neck you guys think looks better. Tone isn’t a concern, either will sound awesome.

Maple looks more classic and streamlined but rosewood looks “hipper” and busier in a good way imo. It mutes the candied-out aspect a bit.

I think they both look good. Personally I like the rosewood better visually speaking. However if I was gonna buy I’d get the maple because I already have a Strat with rosewood

Cheeg

New Member!
Jan 12, 2022
US
I think they both look good. Personally I like the rosewood better visually speaking. However if I was gonna buy I’d get the maple because I already have a Strat with rosewood

Good point, that’s another consideration. I’m planning on adding a Jazzmaster, Jaguar, and Gibson ES 335 to finish out my guitar collection. All of these will have rosewood fingerboards. My only axe presently is a Mexican Tele, white on white with maple neck.

It might make more sense to go with the maple on the Strat in the context of the collection. Tough decision…

Bricks

Strat-Talk Member
Oct 18, 2020
Martensville, SK, Canada

I like the look of the rosewood neck more than the maple neck with that colour.

Cheeg

New Member!
Jan 12, 2022
US
I like both maple and rosewood but I’d defo choose rosewood with Miami blue.

I’ve got a dark night am pro II and I really do like the Miami blue with rosewood. It was a tough choice and I’d still have either.

Dark Night is an amazing color and was initially the one I wanted. Might end up getting a Jazz bass in that color down the line. I have a lot of dark-colored instruments and in the end I just wanted something a little splashier for this Strat to make it pop.

Both colors rule though, you can’t go wrong.

fos1

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Nov 7, 2018
Texas
I prefer maple. Three of my daily players have maple necks. My Texas Tea Ulta is incomparable.

However, my new AZ2204N haS a rosewood neck as does my SG.

Subjectively, the tone is a little more mellow with the rosewood but with my old ears, who knows?