Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Talk him down in price

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

sonny wolf

Most Honored Senior Member
Aug 7, 2009
austin texas
I personally find it ugly especially the body shape which looks deformed compared to the classic Strat shape of the 50s and 60s.For that kind of money I'd rather buy a Squier classic vibe and have something that is made like a classic Fender Strat and is great quality guitar.

Believer7713

The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein
Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
To look at it in pictures, it doesn't move me. But with that said, I'll try anything once, twice if I like it so I would at least play it to see what I think. But I'm not considering it so all I can tell you is to go play it and see if it sits well in your hands and ears. If it is what you like buy it, play the mess out of it and don't let anyone discourage you for getting it... If it doesn't do any of the aforementioned then walk away and find one that does. It will be your guitar, you and only you need it to work for you.

john lavelle

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 25, 2012
North Carolina
I see the opinions vary. For me, I think it is a good looking guitar. If it plays and sounds as nice as it looks, then go for it. Good luck, and keep us posted!

IronSchef

Senior Stratmaster
May 17, 2012
Flew Here On My Dragonfly
my MJT Tele Partcaster ...

2017-11-13-17-37-15-jpg.466932

Bigdogdaddy

Strat-O-Master
Aug 8, 2018
Kansas
MJT guitars are typically "relic'ed" - are we SURE it is actually an MJT?
I've never heard of an MJT before that's why I was inquiring here. I'm a relative newbie to Strats or actually anything fender. I know I have been had a few times (learning curve) but really don't want to spend that kind of money and get had.

RPKennedy

Senior Stratmaster
Platinum Supporting Member
Apr 27, 2013
Oconomowoc, WI
As previously stated, MJT has a phenomenal reputation and builds great partscasters.
They have different levels of relicing which explains why this particular one isn't heavily reliced.
With Bare Knuckles pickups, which are a pricey boutique wind, I would not hesitate to pounce on this guitar if it feels and plays to my satisfaction. And even if it doesn't, most likely it can be adjusted to near perfection.
And if memory serves accurately, MJT are in your neck of the woods...Missouri I think...
Check out their website! It appears as though an MJT fully-assembled guitar would cost almost twice as much as the one you show.

Last edited:

johnnymg

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 5, 2015
Out Where the Busses Don't Run
The bodies that MJT uses are made by Wildwood. http://www.wildwoodmfg.com/index#welcome

These bodies have slightly chunky 'horns' and the rib/arm contours are slightly 'fat'. i.e. they don't exactly match the standard Fender spec.

MJT finishes bodies from 'closet classic' to 'heavy relic'.

These type of partscasters tend to be a very hard sell because of the unknowns. Since you are new to Strats I would recommend getting a Squier Strat. They are excellent guitars and a known quantity. The Classic Vibe 50's/60's are $400 new (- potential resale discount) and are fabulous guitars.

All that said, I had a GREAT experience when I had MJT paint a body for me.