Join Strat-Talk Today

Mark Knopfler Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by singlecoil, May 20, 2006.

1. singlecoil

singlecoil Strat-Talk Member

I have a NOS60 strat in Daphne blue. I love it thought the pickups are not to my liking. I want another single coil guitar. I'm considering the NOS69 accept I do not like the large headstocks. I like everything about the Mark Knopfler strat. What concers me is I keep reading such mixed reviews about them. Who has one. How do you like it?

2. nvosmeier

nvosmeier Strat-Talker

I have a NOS69. I purchased it a few months ago. Mine was a custom shop version. It has become one of my favorites. I bought it from Guitar Center and had to do some extensive setup on it to get it to my liking. But now, I love it.

Getting my first strat in the 70's, I always like the large headstock and even 3-bolt necks. Today I like pretty much any strat.

You can never have too many guitars. And everyone should have several strats.

3. singlecoil

dude, me and you are going to get along very well. The first time I saw Robin Trower on In City Dreams tour he had about 12 strats lined up in guitar stands on stage. He had one SG. Why I don't know. He didn't go near it. I only have one strat now. I've owned two 62 reissues both fiesta red. They were much beter pre 98 IMHO. I've had one California again Fiesta. I had a natural 74 or so model. Now I just have the NOS60. How do you feel about Suhr? My next one will be either a Mark Knopfler or maybe the 69NOS. How is the U neck on the 69 rosewood board.

4. nvosmeier

nvosmeier Strat-Talker

I got the maple neck on my NOS69. I still kind of lean toward the maple neck. This neck has great action. I have 9 strats today, 3 of them with rosewood necks.

I too am a fan of the SG, I got a 71 with a bigsby. The SG is a nice light guitar and has great action. I am also into old Melody Makers because they are similar to the old SG.

Sound and playability wise, I'll take a Strat hands down every time.

Like I said, you can never have too many guitars.

5. singlecoil

I knew I was going to like you. At the moment I have the before mentioned strat, a newly purchased 335, lp standard pluss, cusom shop non reverse firebird with burstbuker 2&3, lp special TV Yellow with P100s.
    My amps are one Soldano Avenger and a Marshall JCM800 2203x. I play them through one 412 marshall with celestion 80 watt speakers and one 412 marshall greenbacks.
    On my wish list is a Suhr guitar, 61 SG, either a R7 or R8 les paul, either a VHT Deliverance or Egnator MOD50.

6. Cat

Cat Strat-Talk Member

Knopflers just have Texas Specials in it. Chuck them in your guitar and you have a better guitar than a Knopfler Strat.

Cat

7. singlecoil

I'm leaning hard toward a black 69. Though I usually like rosewood, I'd consider maple. I want at least one maple neck Fender which I thought would be a 52 tele. I remember Howard Leese using a black strat around the Bad Animals tour. I don't know what year it was but he really favored it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.