Mask mandate to be lifted in my state June 15....sorta.

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Antstrat, Jun 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanta07

tanta07 Senior Stratmaster

If the vaccines work as advertised, unvaccinated people are only a danger to other unvaccinated people.

In your drunk driver analogy, the drunk drivers wouldn't be a danger to the kids on bikes (vaccinated people), but only a danger to hitting other drunk drivers.

BuddhaFingas and rocknrollrich like this.
  2. Wayne Adams

Wayne Adams Strat-Talker

If the anti-mask, anti-vaxx crowd gets sick and dies, big deal. They brought it on themselves through sheer stupidity and obstinance. I don't care about *their* health any longer. It's the other people they're endangering that concerns me, and it's pretty obvious that there are some who will - and do - go out of their way to put others at risk. I don't care what people do to protect themselves from that crowd, either. Far as I'm concerned, they're paid for.

nadzab and 3bolt79 like this.
  3. heltershelton

heltershelton Vivamus libero Vivamus duris Silver Member

@Ebidis played rehab. he survived. anyone who can survive playing rehab can survive anything.
    IMG_20210420_162204298_HDR.jpg

4. Michael919

Michael919 Most Honored Senior Member

We are a few months behind the US in vaccinations, so we aren't really there yet. However, in general, most people don't seem too bothered to do the right thing.

I remain a little concerned about two things, simply due to the uncertainty:

1) Delta variant - look at the UK this past few weeks

2) Immune response in those immunocompromised or on immunosuppressants - there is uncertainty whether immunity is achieved. Many aren't showing any anti-bodies, but there may be other paths. Point is that it's a question.

So, in light of the second one, even if I am vaccinated, I will still be shedding some virus if I get it, however much smaller. If I get it and give it to someone in that category who THINKS they are immune, than that's not good.

It's a simple thing to do for a while longer out of respect for my fellow humans.

5. Michael919

Michael919 Most Honored Senior Member

I have made a decision. Your Plus is the coolest Plus on earth.

heltershelton likes this.
  6. Cerb

Cerb Anti conformist reformist

Of course he survived. He's just... Different now.

7. The-Kid

The-Kid Dr. Stratster

Anyone without a vaccine is willingly exposing themselves to COVID19. Its their decision to make and to expose themselves and be subject to a deadly disease.

The rest of us who have vaccinated dont have to worry about it.

If you care about your health get vaccinated because everyone has access to vaccines now and there is no need to expose yourself to a harmful disease having an option to be vaccinated.

Vaccines are readily available to anyone in the country so if you decide not protect yourself or your own health thats your decision.

Bob the builder and 3bolt79 like this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Strat-Talker

You must live in a vortex because about 50% of the country ain't interested. Even less so among minorities. Two words for you: "Tuskegee syphilis study". The authorities tell lies.

Fear motivates many. Social pressure motivates others. Bullying and shaming motivates the remainder. But, not everyone lives with fear of death and dying. Not everyone is intimidated by bullying. Not everyone feels the shame of not taking experimental drugs. Freedom from fear of death is a great thing and is something I am thankful for every day.

A shaming tactic.

"You'll infect others". If you are that fearful you shouldn't leave your house. Yet here you are booking gigs because the authorities say "ok". Is the pandemic over?

I booked gigs and played them during the lockdown. Even demanded "no masks for the band" and got it. My show, my rules. I do what I want. And that offends you. The audacity of autonomy and an independent mind.

3bolt79 likes this.
  9. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music.

Youve waded into a forbidden topic. I think you can edit it. Otherwise this thread could get locked.

10. The-Kid

The-Kid Dr. Stratster

Im glad your not afraid of Covid19. Your really brave. Thanks for sharing and good luck with that.

11. heltershelton

im not afraid of it either.
    my grandma and aunt just had it and it was no worse than a common cold. grandma is 91.
    i put powdered covid on my cereal every morning and eat it.

Chont, duzie and Driftwood like this.
  12. amstratnut

Congratulations on being shame proof. My goal wasn't to shame you, just to get you to think about others. I guess thats not something you do.

Honestly, Im gonna ignore you from here out. I hope your life strategy works out for you. It is a free country.

myredstrat likes this.
  13. Driftwood

Driftwood Strat-Talker

Already had it. BFD.

Tele-tubbies and cig smokers are now preachers of health and wellness.

Book some more gigs and pretend you are above me. It's a good look.

14. heltershelton

ill tell you this.....ive enjoyed staying away from people. ive been doing it since i quit the last band.

15. amstratnut

Yes, vaccines are available and Im vaccinated. Mr D..... apparently did what he wanted to before there was a vaccine. Either that or Ive been trolled.

The-Kid likes this.
  16. The-Kid

The-Kid Dr. Stratster

I still say its probably best anyone for whatever reason gets vaccinated especially if you are able to.

Its ones choice in the end and their is no harm and only benefits to come from it for you, family and friends.

That being said glad mom and grandma made it through and all I will say is they are tough as nails and I can see where you got your genes from!!!! Lol

myredstrat and heltershelton like this.
  17. heltershelton

lots of beer, cigs, and bacon man.:p

Driftwood and The-Kid like this.
  18. The-Kid

The-Kid Dr. Stratster

Cant controll others decisions at this point or at any point all we could do is just lead by example and do the right thing.

That being said props man and special props for being a responsible human being, musician and entertainer. Not everyone is like you and definitely want to say thanks for showing a great example of how IMO one should behave responsibly especially being a musician like yourself for themselves and others around them this is a great example to take.

amstratnut likes this.
  19. The-Kid

The-Kid Dr. Stratster

For reals though just want to say to you and all friends here not just for others but for yourself get vaccinated if you can for your health and well being in good faith and with best intentions.

But yes.....cigs, beer and bacon here too (*_*)

20. guitarface

guitarface Most Honored Senior Member

In all seriousness, the pandemic has really changed a lot about who I want to spend time with and what I give a **** about, and reducing the number of people I interact with has been pretty pretty good.

Michael919 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.