Join Strat-Talk Today

May have gotten myself banned from TDPRI lol

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Lonn, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Swampash

Swampash Senior Stratmaster

If I had a penny for every time I've been banned from a web forum I'd have.... well, not a lot, obviously, but a decent lump of change.

2. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

Ah my centre, my balance.

How I’ve missed you.

You’re totally right.

I wouldn’t tell me either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Strat-O-Master

Eh, cool off and go back. TDPRI is a good website with a high tolerance overall. BTW, I ran into a super jerk on mylespaul, who couldn't take being correctly corrected on a technical discussion, responded by calling ME a name, and then retaliated by banning me from a thread. This was an admin/mod, lol. It clicked right then and there, that mod's aren't necessarily the brightest bulbs among us, and some view their privilege as an identity and unchallengeable power. Of course its very challengeable, as we all form opinions about moderator/admin misbehavior.

4. Bodean

Bodean Just A Simple Man Strat-Talk Supporter

Yeah. I remember. The new one is not as bad, but I still think of pee yellow every time I'm there.
    I've had no problems when I visit there by the way. Every forum has a hiearchy.
    You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em.
    I just have more friends and acquaintances here. I've made some acquaintances on Squier Talk as well.

5. Frankie

Frankie Strat-Talk Member

Good morning folks..

I've been a member on the TDPRI for 16 years.. And have really never had a problem with any of the mods, but over the last few years I have been irritated with some of the lack of respect or bashing. Especially towards the new guys that asks a common question or when someone posts a tune that isn't so good. We all were new at one time and we all played crummy at one time, some still do, so what. There have been some really great guys that have left that forum including touring and very public players as they too would be bashed at times.

Early on when the TDPRI was smaller the group seemed to be tighter, it was pretty easy to keep up with the traffic, which comes as no surprise when a small town grows into a city, right? So I've went from hitting the TDPRI daily to maybe once a month, sometimes gaping longer.

I've been a member here, not sure how long, but never spent much time here as I didn't own a Strat, though I've played them it the studio quite often. But this forum seems to have that same "warm" feeling as the other used to have. There's no need to bash, we're all musicians, which is supposed to be a brotherhood of sorts. If folks are not careful, the same thing will happen here that has happened to TDPRI.. Just my opinion.

Have an awesome day and play something you've never played before..

Frankie

crashbelt, Kester, Cobra and 13 others like this.
  6. Bowmap

Bowmap I nose a thang or two. Gold Member

and guitar builders and collectors and general lovers of the instrument.

I know not of this TDPRI site. All I know is that I have been welcomed here, most folks are thick skinned and it is one of the last places where this many people still have a since of humor. When I ask a serious question, I do expect all sorts of responses. But valid answers do come forth. I also remember that what I type here is on display for the whole world to see. As I have always said, the knowledge here is very impressive. To which I am grateful for you all sharing.

About 'bashing' TDPRI... TDPRI just seems to be the target of some steam. This site has been bashed here as well by it's own membership. C'est la vie.

Frankie likes this.
  7. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

I found the thread and read it....all of it. :confused: I think it was a reasonable response! After reading all of that crap, I realized why I dont visit tdpri anymore. Some of theme feel that they are right about everything, so why would you question them? Ugh!

Yay! For Strat-Talk!!!! We are much cooler anyway!!!!!! :cool::D

Edit: there was a thread here about why some dont like Toxic People. See TDPRI.com. :D

I know not all of them are "toxic"! Rather spend my time here:thumb:

Mansonienne and 808K like this.
  8. owenmoney

owenmoney Strat-Talker

Totally agree,, I am also on all three forums and I spend most of my time on the tele and Strat forums ,I hardly even know which is which since I’m using Tapatalk on my iPad . I just join in on threads I like and if I see someone who’s posts I like I check out the discussions. I join in when I think I have either a valid opinion or a smart ass comment. I like needling, and poking fun. Some people get way too serious. Life’s too short for that !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  9. owenmoney

owenmoney Strat-Talker

Yeah he did,and rightfully so.

Dr Improbable likes this.
  10. DaveTone

DaveTone Strat-O-Master

I got a rock.

11. mshivy

mshivy Most Honored Senior Member

I like hanging out here
    Good people here

TDPRI does have some knowledgeable members

I love Teles and have an old 1973 Tele Custom but I have no interest in joining that site

Mansonienne and simoncroft like this.
  12. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog INMATE #7XX7XX7 Strat-Talk Supporter

I get to roll.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    DaveTone likes this.
  13. archetype

archetype Senior Stratmaster

Paper! I win!!

s5tuart and DaveTone like this.
  14. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Strat-O-Master

Oh, THAT thread.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, it was a doozie.

15. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Is it house trained ?

16. 808K

808K Strat-O-Master

My feelings exactly! I could not have said it better.

Boognish likes this.
  17. owenmoney

owenmoney Strat-Talker

There are in the majority really good people on all three Fender forums, but there are occasions where I’ve seen threads that have gotten somewhat nasty on both the strat and tele forums. People are people, some you like and some you don’t and vice versa. That’s life. I just try to have a good time.

Lovnmesomestrat likes this.
  18. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Yeah, I'm a TDPRI member too, although I don't spend a lot of time there. If I'd have found TDPRI before I discovered Strat-Talk, maybe I'd have made more friends over there, and I'd argue that the community on there was better than Strat-Talk. Who knows? It's like hanging out in a bar where people know you, versus one across the street you don't visit very often. I'm grateful for both of them, and the many decent members who keep them both alive.

Bob the builder, Frankie and duzie like this.
  19. BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Senior Stratmaster

I remember TDPRI being quite welcoming when StratTalk was down for days. It was pretty funny to see many of us surface over there.

I like this forum better only because I've spent more time here and know more people. If this place ever gets boring (seems impossible), perhaps I'll spend more time over there.

20. BobbyS

BobbyS Strat-O-Master

meh...........it's just Tele stuff......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.