Join Strat-Talk Today

Meanwhile in the NFL, QBs are dropping like flies

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Lonn, Sep 16, 2019.

1. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

So
    The Niners beat So So team...
    And
    We shouldn't get our hopes too high?

2. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

What's
    WWE

3. Neil.C

Neil.C Most Honored Senior Member

Wow that is empty!

I was watching some major league baseball on TV earlier this year and although when you looked towards the batter from the mound the stadium looked packed when the camera panned around the rest of the place was virtually empty!

People not that interested in live sports?

Over here you have to go on a waiting list to get a season ticket at many premiership football teams, pretty expensive too.

4. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    As far as I know the people in Kansas City love Andy Reid, and good reason. We finally won some playoff games and have an amazing team yet again. Saying Andy Reid isn’t a good coach is just ridiculous. Because some of the guys he coaches under perform at game Time is not his fault in my opinion. You can coach someone all you want but you can’t get out there and do the work for them. He took Philadelphia to a bunch of NFC championships and one Super Bowl and has now taken KC to within one penalty of a Super Bowl. I’ll take my chances with him as a coach unless Belichick becomes available LOL.

Ruscio and Believer7713 like this.
  5. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Senior Stratmaster

RE injured QBs, as a distant observer of Big Ben it seems like every time I see the guy he's injured, limping around the field. I didn't take time to look up his age (I know he's old) or injury but gut reaction is he should follow Andrew Luck's lead and say good bye.

Very odd for me to see stadium shots like that. I'm a spoiled packer fan. This summer my son married into a pair of tickets and they'll eventually get a second pair of season Packer tickets down the road. Yes, he married a girl from Green Bay with generational seats, one pair coming down mom's side, one down dad's side and she's their only kid.

Here's a random article about the waiting list for tickets. Of course, there are tickets available for any game for resale any season ticket holders so it;s not impossible to get in.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...season-ticket-waiting-list-60000-spots-go-nfl

Go Pack
    lambeau17_top.jpg

6. Lonn

Admin Post
    Those empty stadiums are misleading as well. Try buying tickets for those games online and see what tickets are actually available. Why people aren't using their tickets is beyond me but I know I got some of the last tickets (WAY up high) available for the Chiefs playoff game against the Colts last year at Arrowhead but there be lots of empty seats way down by the field. There were NO tickets available online for any section other than the upper levels.

Believer7713 likes this.
  7. Believer7713

Believer7713 Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

You guys were what?...13 or 14 rows behind us?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

8. dirocyn

dirocyn Senior Stratmaster

I've never been to an NFL game, even though the Titans play only 35 miles from here. Seats are too expensive--I just checked, single tickets are 135 for nosebleeds and 177 for 2nd balcony. I can't justify $270 for a date in seats where I can't even see the ball 'cuz it's so far away--and not counting additional fees and parking and drinks and a dinner. We're talking $400+ for a date night, or $485+ if we have seats where you can see.

I have got a lot of other things I could spend that kind of money on. That would buy a guitar or an amp, either of which would be a whole lot more than one evening worth of entertainment. Or I could take my wife to a concert--twice.

mikej89 likes this.
  9. jwj1701

jwj1701 Strat-Talker

I guess this will show is who really has the better teams while there QB is out

10. Grux

Grux Strat-O-Master

Meanwhile I'm looking at Jamis Winston like........."can we get one of them new 'good' QB's?"

11. mikej89

mikej89 Senior Stratmaster

I'm not even going to watch The Vikings until they get rid of Cousins. Last game was the last straw for me...84 million dollars for a liability.

Grux likes this.
  12. chrimturn

chrimturn Fire in the Wire Strat-Talk Supporter

I had season tickets for 6 or 7 years. 2001 thru 2007/2008. Through my 20’s. My seats were originally $400 + the seat license. Great view, easy in and easy out. Not bad for 8 regular season and 2 pre season games. Started with 7 of us. Ended up being over 20+, all in the same section, row after row, right behind us. Guys I played ball with or went to school with that I never saw anymore. Only on Home game days.
    It was a great time. For a while...

First year beer was $4.25 and Coney Crates (10 cheese coneys) were $9.99. Went up $.25 every year.

Eventually got to the point where I felt like I was contributing to the cause. The Bungles, bungling like they usually do. Guys holding out for more money and other NFL standouts across the league complaining over salaries.

You have normal Joes working their lives away to make ends meet, scrapping change together to make it down there and support the Hometown Team...and “Player X” is upset all of a sudden because 5 million a year isn’t enough money to catch a football...

The NFL is a cash cow. A Money making conglomerate. They know how, when and what to market. Dan Marino made the game more exciting to watch and the league morphed into a passing league. Fast forward to now and rules have been modified and adjusted to try and keep that from going away. And that’s fine. I’m ok with some rules...some I’m not ok with...but whatever.

With all the holdouts for the mega bucks I am beginning to lose interest. And man, with the abundance of questionable calls or non calls on the field it’s hard not to think that the league actually does push certain teams more than others. Especially as the season goes along and playoff brackets are shaping up. I don’t know if I quite buy into all that 100% yet, but it has definitely attracted my interest in the so called conspiracy theory.

13. chrimturn

I kind of like Kirk Cousins. Not many QB’s have thrown for over 4,000 yards and 25+ TD’s in the last 4 consecutive seasons. Especially without having a high end, top tier selection of WR’s and RB’s.

When the Skins moved him to make room for Alex Smith, it didn’t make sense to me. Thought it was a lateral move. But I don’t know the ins and outs of the money/contract situation either. So it could have made sense...? Not sure. But I felt that the Vikings ended up the winners at the end of that deal.

But hey...that’s ok. The way you feel about Cousins is how I feel about Dalton so it’s all good. :D

14. apm1991

apm1991 Senior Stratmaster

lol no... Mahomes is good.. one of the best in the NFL

15. apm1991

apm1991 Senior Stratmaster

16. mikej89

mikej89 Senior Stratmaster

Oh yeah, physically he's got all the tools to be a good QB and he can put up big numbers but it's his mental toughness. He's a complete snowflake. The Vikings could have easily won at Lambeau field last week, huge division game for the top spot. On the key drive of the game we ran it down their throats all the way within their 5yd line. On 1st and goal he attempts a scrambling back shoulder pass to Diggs in the back of the end zone behind 2 defenders which easily gets intercepted :mad:. Who does that on 1st and goal especially when they can't stop the run?! That was the last straw for me. Unless a miracle turnaround happens The Cousins contract will join The Herschel Walker trade in this franchises long list of disastrous failures...

Yeah I'm sure you can relate with Dalton. The NFL Network had a program about top QB teases of all time and I know Dalton was way up there! I wish we still had Teddy Bridgewater before his injury. He never put up the big numbers but he was a winner.

chrimturn likes this.
  17. chrimturn

I hear ya @mikej89

Keep the stats. Just give me a guy that’ll perform well under the pressure and give us the W.

Palmer was the same way. Dalton is just like him. 2nd and 6, TJ Houshmandzadeh wide open on a dig and he throws 40 yards down field to CJ into double coverage. Or 3rd and 11 and he scrambles (or should I say trudges) out of bounds for a 1 yard loss. What?!?

Although I was never a big fan of Palmer at USC and Dalton at TCU, they’re both definitely capable NFL QB’s to some degree. And I’m not...so I don’t really have any room to talk.

But, when you get drafted by the Bengals, you can pretty much count on the fact that you’re not going to get much help from Mike Brown and company. That’s where all the frustration from the die hard fans point of view comes in. I’m sure it eventually wears on a person/player. We’ve had good years with both of those guys. But when the organization leaves you hanging out to dry, there’s not much they can do.

18. Lonn

Admin Post
    My most frustrating NFL experience was my first live game. I was living in San Antonio at the time and the Chiefs had just signed Montana. I know he was older but he was still MONTANA. I drove all the way to Houston to see them play the Oilers. Dave Krieg started at QB and stayed in during a 30-0 ass whipping while Montana stayed on the sidelines IN UNIFORM playing catch.

19. AncientAx

AncientAx Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I was on the fence with Flacco here but after he signed that big contract and some injuries it was time for him to move on . Nice to see the progression in Jackson so far , he seems to be getting comfortable . Just have to hope he stays healthy as we know what happens to running quarterbacks ......

20. Loner71

Loner71 Strat-Talk Member

and Antonio Clown is still running around.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.