Mesa Boogie F30 NAD

s5tuart

Perfecting time travel since 2525
Aug 8, 2011
All over the place!
Are you SURE the reverb isn't working? You'll find that it's nothing like a Fender amp reverb, it's MUCH more subtle and you really need to listen for it, even turned up high.
I much prefer it like that but others may not.
If it's definitely not working and you find no loose wires (never heard of a loose anything on a Boogie) then try changing the reverb valve (tube)
HNAD!!!! They are great amps! :D

Miotch

Most Honored Senior Member
Jun 28, 2011
ok
Ditto s5tuart's thoughts. My Mesa 440 combo reverb is, well to be honest, weak. Very weak. Love the amp, but reverb sure isn't it's strong point. It actually did quit working once and took me a few days to actually notice (that's how weak it is). It was a loose ground tape in the chassis. Free and easy fix.

Silvercrow

Senior Stratmaster
Nov 6, 2014
Bucks County, Pa.
GREAT AMP! I owned one for about 2 years and only sold it to help pay for a 1970 Super Reverb that was in too good shape and too great a price to pass up.

EL84s are, to me, a versatile power platform and with some creative tweaking you can get a plethora of tone!

One thing I did- I had a combo too- and was rattling those thin power tubes to death. There was a guy on the internet that made a "tube saver" (nothing more than a retainer on a spring- kept the tubes from rattling) for Peavey Classics that were all the rage at the time. He made me a retainer to fit a two tube set-up (he was making them for 4 tubes for the Peavey's). YMMV but be aware of a potential for that.

Other than that- I'm betting you're going to love that little fire-breather!

HNAD!

Brian

Yaralag

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
Are you SURE the reverb isn't working? You'll find that it's nothing like a Fender amp reverb, it's MUCH more subtle and you really need to listen for it, even turned up high.
I much prefer it like that but others may not.
If it's definitely not working and you find no loose wires (never heard of a loose anything on a Boogie) then try changing the reverb valve (tube)
HNAD!!!! They are great amps! :D
I thought about that but I am hearing zero reverb. I will give another listen. I have not opened up the amp yet (volume wise). I have only played as loud as possible in my bedroom. Perhaps I am not hearing it. In any case I have a reverb pedal.

TheDuck

Jan 12, 2016
Lil' Rhody
I thought about that but I am hearing zero reverb. I will give another listen. I have not opened up the amp yet (volume wise). I have only played as loud as possible in my bedroom. Perhaps I am not hearing it. In any case I have a reverb pedal.

The amp is a few years old, so the solder joints inside the tank and / or connections may have failed.

Replacement tanks are cheap and easy to install, if you decide to go that way.

TheDuck

Jan 12, 2016
Lil' Rhody
Exactly. Might be easier to replace than repair.

Without a doubt. If it were an original Boogie that you were restoring for collection reasons, I'd say get an original tank. But where you want to use and enjoy the amp, any reproduction tank, or Mesa replacement tank will suffice.

Here's one ...
https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/reverb-tank-mod-4bb2a1b

If you want the real deal, they're a few bucks more ...
https://store.mesaboogie.com/categories/shop/hardware/reverb-tanks-kits.html