Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

MIJ Contemporary Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by 7thSenpai, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    Aww dang! I was so close! Mine is a 27-4300 but it was originally blonde and the guy who had it before me started stripping it so I finished it off and made it natural. Are you sure it has to be red?

2. muso.greg

muso.greg Strat-Talker

There are plenty of places that you can get System 1 tremolo arms - can try Frets On The Net www.fretsonthenet.com/

3. stratis60

stratis60 New Member!

Dec 13, 2016
    Bavaria
    Took me quite a while to make it run again, came cheap but beaten up and with a few non original replacement parts. My local luthier did a complete neck refinish with medium jumbo frets, I reinstalled mid 80's black bobbin single coils (really hard to find), wiggle stick + adaptor & intonation screws & locking nut from wammiworld.com., hours of cleaning, previous owner spilled a cup of coffee over (and in) it but I've rescued the original pots and switches. Cost intensive and a lot of effort but I got back the best Strat I've ever played
    IMG_2690.JPG View attachment 232793

nozi likes this.

4. ashtray

ashtray Strat-O-Master

Mar 15, 2017
    LA
    Here's mine - with factory Kahler Spyder, and non-factory Lace Hot Gold pickups:

[​IMG]

stratis60 likes this.

5. Knuckle Bones

Knuckle Bones New Member!

Jun 25, 2017
    Austin
    Hey folks...first post for me. Got myself an 85/86 HH Contemporary Strat of Ebay. Bridge pick up has been replaced with a junk J 80 and the neck is reading 7.3 ohms. Both should be 7.6. Anybody know of a good bucker at 7.6 ohm, alnico and 2 element for a replacement?

PS - This is my second Contemporary Strat. I have one I bought in 85 that is my main guitar after all these years.

6. Knuckle Bones

Knuckle Bones New Member!

Jun 25, 2017
    Austin
    ..and pic of both side by side...the one with the whiskey jug decal is the one I bought new. C series serial numbers.....right at 300 away from each other.[​IMG]

muso.greg likes this.

7. BonyFloppyDog

BonyFloppyDog New Member!

Jun 26, 2017
    Nanaimo BC
    Traded my old beat to hell MIM Telecaster for this a couple weeks ago! Even came with a spare locking nut! It's pretty beat up too, but I like that about it.

IMG_8633.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Will Lefeurve and muso.greg like this.

8. dwiom

dwiom New Member!

Jun 29, 2017
    Isle of Man
    IMG_0649.JPG Can any one help to identify my Stratocaster. I've had it about twenty years and hardly used it. I particularly want to identify the bridge so that I can purchase a tremelo arm for it. Thanks

9. Believer7713

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    From the pic it looks like a Fender System 1 bridge. you can get a new are from wammiworld.com. That's where I got mine.

muso.greg likes this.

10. muso.greg

muso.greg Strat-Talker

I have one just like it and it is a Contemporary Series ST756 from memory. Definitely a Fender System 1 Tremolo... I love the pearl finish on mine which has yellowed significantly over the years.

11. nozi

nozi New Member!

Jul 11, 2017
    Cagliari
    Hi! Intrested in tremolo journeys Is it a good idea swap out the System one for a 6 screws?

12. noise boy

noise boy Strat-Talker

Apr 9, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Why would you want to. The system 1 is a pretty great tremolo system. It would be much easier to just by a 6 screw trem guitar to begin with.

nozi likes this.

13. nozi

nozi New Member!

Jul 11, 2017
    Cagliari
    Hi, hogdog. Did the change of bridge bring sonic improvements?

14. nozi

nozi New Member!

Jul 11, 2017
    Cagliari
    Hi, new to the club! Great community and great guitars, here! Mine is a 86 Contemporary Standard 22. A gift from my grandmother (that now is not in this world anymore) for my 18th birthday. Why some of you decided to swap the System One bridge for a 6 screws and did the change bring some sonic improvement? Thanks View attachment 237321

15. nozi

nozi New Member!

Jul 11, 2017
    Cagliari
    Some people say that Sys1 causes lack of sustain

16. noise boy

noise boy Strat-Talker

Apr 9, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    That's not been my experience, I have two system 1 guitars, never had a problem with sustain.

muso.greg, nozi and Believer7713 like this.

17. Believer7713

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    I have had two of them and still currently have one. Never had any sustain issues and it is the most vintage sounding and absolutely great for surfer music...I don't think I have ever played one that nails that tone better.

nozi likes this.

18. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Senior Stratmaster

Mar 1, 2016
    England & France
    Just to say that systems 1-2-3, Floyd Rose, Kahler, are superb pieces of engineering compared to a vintage 6 screw trem, which to be honest is bordering on stone-age technology compared with the above..

muso.greg and nozi like this.

19. nozi

nozi New Member!

Jul 11, 2017
    Cagliari
    Thank you! My only strat is my beloved Contemporary Standard 22 an not so much experience with the vintage trem. Mine lacks the fine tuners & lockin behind the nut

20. nozi

nozi New Member!

Jul 11, 2017
    Cagliari
    Thank you. Very helpful