Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

MIJ Contemporary Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by 7thSenpai, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Scott2020

Scott2020 New Member!

Aug 30, 2017
    York, PA
    Hey all. Trying to get advice on an E series Strat. I was told it was an 87/88, HSS with a Kahler tremolo setup. The asking price is $379. I know there were higher end and lower end strat models that were MIJ, so I'm trying to find out where this one falls. It appears it might be a lower end model from the "Boxer" series, but I'm not sure. If it's a good deal and the guitar has a good sound, I may buy it, but I do have concerns about the Kahler. I have no experience with those, but I've read a lot of negative things about them. Are there specific models/years of MIJ strats that you all recommend? I'd like to get an HSS model but I'm a bit confused as to what is out there. Attaching a photo of the guitar I'm looking at. It has a black headstock and serial number starts with E6. Thanks for any info you might have.

MIJ.jpg

2. noise boy

noise boy Strat-Talker

Apr 9, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Looks legit to me, does it have the trem arm hardware and the string lock behind the nut?

For reference, I paid 450 for a similar one a few years ago, so if it's complete that seems like a pretty good deal.

3. Scott2020

Scott2020 New Member!

Aug 30, 2017
    York, PA
    Thanks for the reply. The guitar was pretty rough imo. The pickups had a lot of static and cut in and out, so it definitely needed to the electronics checked out. Not sure what all that would have cost, but figured it was more than what it was worth so I passed. I’ll keep looking.

4. bloomz

bloomz Senior Stratmaster

Sep 17, 2012
    yer mom's house

5. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    The Shed
    Just picked up this body a couple weeks ago. Looks like it was originally red of some sort but was refinished by someone, I think an 84' maybe (?). Dug the look so slapped a neck I had, vintage trem and etc on it and am really liking it. Nothing spec about it but I really do like the input jack on the side like that, was really what sold me on it. I'm a simple man, easy to please.

Image5b.jpg Image5.jpg Image4.jpg

6. notts77

notts77 New Member!

I have been a guitar tragic for many years and although I don't play all that well I do appreciate a fine
    instrument when I see one. I recently got my hands on MIJ Squier Bullet 1984 and was really taken to the quality
    build of these instruments.
    I have since added to my addiction with a 1992 Squier Hank Marvin Stratocaster and more recently a Fender
    Contemporary Telecaster which from the serial number indicates 1986 model.
    I had never seen one in the flesh only read about them and to my amazement this one popped up in the local Cash Converters (Pawn Shop) in Perth,
    Western Australia in remarkable condition with no visible marks.

I paid A$450 for it which having checked on some of the more knowledgeable sites, seems like a good buy and due
    to the condition is probably worth considerably more. (See pictures) I welcome any comments. SQHankM.JPG SquierHMBody.jpg SQS3T.jpg FCTele.jpg FCTelePu.jpg FCTeleSys1.jpg FCTeleHS.jpg

bloomz likes this.

7. muso.greg

muso.greg Strat-Talker

Congratulations! All nice guitars. The Tele is an absolute bargain at that price and condition. I have one the same and it is a really versatile quality guitar

8. bloomz

bloomz Senior Stratmaster

Sep 17, 2012
    yer mom's house
    I think my Contemporary Tele is my favorite of my 5 Fenders (others Contemporary Strats)

Great purchase at great price.