Join Strat-Talk Today

MIJ Strat Bridge Measurement

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by R Lalrinawma, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

I've never in my life replaced JUST a block....if I upgrade the trem I do the entire thing in one unit.........

Still also waiting on an answer from you for your bridge spacing.... 2 1/16" or 2 7/32"????

2. Believer7713

Believer7713 The Modern Day Frankenstein Strat-Talk Supporter

I've replaced several blocks only. Normally when I do I get mine from Kevinh3324@hotmail.co.uk. If you contact him and email a picture of the block in question he can tell you what it is and his craftsmanship is some of the best there is.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

3. Timothy Snell

Timothy Snell Strat-Talk Member

How did you resolve your bridge swap? I have the same situation; a Fender MIA Vintage is about .03mm wider than my MIJ Standard bridge at last hole. Certainly its not a 2 1/16. I think this is a metric issue. Did you try a GOTOH 6 point?

4. AlexJCRandall

AlexJCRandall Senior Stratmaster

If you've actually measured and got a .03mm difference, then maybe only a precision watchmaker would make parts to a higher standard of tolerance. Certainly thats within every guitar part makers tolerance for accuracy as being the same spacing.

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.