Mini Squire

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by *Merlin*, Oct 21, 2008.

1. *Merlin*

*Merlin* Strat-Talk Member

I have grandbabies wanting to play guitar and my full size strat or my acoustics are just to big for them to handle. I have been looking at the Mini Squire as an electric solution. Not to much coin and I can recycle it through who ever has the urge. Out of 4 of them if only one stays with it I think it will be worth it. Has anyone owned one of these? What do you think?

2. Wild_Rose

Wild_Rose Strat-Talk Member

I have heard from people who bought mini strats for their kids that they're great guitars for kids and they also use them as well!!

3. ccrnnr9

ccrnnr9 Strat-Talk Member

I don't know if this is still too big but if you want to spend a bit more and get a sweet guitar that even you would appreciate, look in the Squier Classic Vibe Duosonic. It is a shortscale and is one heck of a guitar. I owned one but traded it in for my CV strat. It definitely felt shorter. The only reason I returned it is that I really yearned for the strat.
    ~Nick

4. *Merlin*

*Merlin* Strat-Talk Member

I am trying not to buy a guitar for "me". I want a guitar that is easy to play and hold. What I would call a good feeling guitar but for kids who are now 6, 7, and 8.
    I can appreciate the differance in playing a nice guitar and a POS guitar. I do not want them to loose interest because I gave them an insturment that was a pain in the fingers to play.

5. Crowecaster

Crowecaster New Member!

Got my grandson a mini, nice little guitar. He is only 5 but he will be able to use it until about 8 or so. I played it and it sounds and plays pretty good for $99 clams.