More than one tele?

BuddyHollywood

Strat-O-Master
Jul 22, 2011
Venice, CA
Nice. Looks lightly roasted. What frets and profile?
Yes it's lightly roasted with medium jumbo frets. It's a great feeling neck. It's right in my sweet spot for neck thickness. The fact that it's MIJ gave me a little bit more confidence to try it out. I thought worse case scenario I could sell it and buy a Mighty Mite or a Fender Player Series neck from Stratosphere. You're also right in your previous post that this partscaster is inspired by the Baja Telecaster.

Here are the specs according to the listing -
Roasted Maple
Bone Nut (Installed) M.I.J.

Medium-Chunky C Neck Contour
.23 mm at 1st fret = .90 inch
.24 mm at 12 fret = .94 inch
Neck Material: Maple, w/Maple Fretboard
Radius: 9.5"
Finish: Gloss Lacquer
Fret: 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
10 mm machine heads holes (
Standard Size)
Head Truss-rod Adjust
1 5/8s Nut Width
Will It Fit? Standard Fender Heel Specs

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
Yes it's lightly roasted with medium jumbo frets. It's a great feeling neck. It's right in my sweet spot for neck thickness. The fact that it's MIJ gave me a little bit more confidence to try it out. I thought worse case scenario I could sell it and buy a Mighty Mite or a Fender Player Series neck from Stratosphere. You're also right in your previous post that this partscaster is inspired by the Baja Telecaster.

Here are the specs according to the listing -
Roasted Maple
Bone Nut (Installed) M.I.J.

Medium-Chunky C Neck Contour
.23 mm at 1st fret = .90 inch
.24 mm at 12 fret = .94 inch
Neck Material: Maple, w/Maple Fretboard
Radius: 9.5"
Finish: Gloss Lacquer
Fret: 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
10 mm machine heads holes (
Standard Size)
Head Truss-rod Adjust
1 5/8s Nut Width
Will It Fit? Standard Fender Heel Specs
Do you remember the vendor/price? I'm looking for neck for a Classic 60's body.

Morlock

Strat-Talker
Dec 5, 2021
Oz
I have 12 guitars all up. X2 Gibson LP’s, x1 Am Special HSS Strat, Gibson Explorer, EPI Riveria P93, LTD Viper 256, x2 acoustics one which electric acoustic, Jackson V, BC Rich Warlock, Squier CV 50’s Tele and my first electric guitar a no name Strat SSS.

I try to keep my collection different shape and sound wise. The Tele is fine for SS sounds and I have plenty of humbucker guitars to not warrant a need for a humbucker Tele. I can see myself getting a SSS Strat at some point though.

What I feel I want or need sometimes changes. I really wanted a Jaguar for a while but not so sure now. I think I’d prefer a second Strat.

A bit of a ramble, what was the question?

Intune

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
I guess this thread proved to me that what I have for gear is all I really need. I have my variety for the style of music I play. I’ve had lots of gear that over the 20 plus years have filter down to what I have now.

I would go on hunts or missions with my brother every weekend and cruise every guitar shop looking for gear. Good used amps, guitars, basses and always looking for that super rare crazy deal(that’s what I told my wife). After years I realize that stuff just collects dust and never gets used. Those deals I made money, lost or broke even.

My gear has been simplified and I’ve realized I don’t hunt for guitar or bass amps anymore, I don’t even look even if it’s “super rare”.

Same with guitars. I look and if I come across any used vintage reissue I’ll grab it if the price makes sense. That’s about it these days. 3-5 similar teles? I can cover those with my one tele, amp, reverb tank and mojo mojo overdrive pedal.

BuddyHollywood

Strat-O-Master
Jul 22, 2011
Venice, CA
Yeah you definitely have some good points. I’ve been playing bass as long as guitar so I really need both. It’s just with bass I know the tone I want and I have it, I don’t need variety. With guitars it’s different. I need more of a variety.
Yes! I totally get this. I have my Fender Precision and it's all the bass tone I want. I have a modest Yamaha acoustic guitar that is all the acoustic guitar sound I want. With electric guitars it's different. As much as I want to gravitate to just one like I do with the bass and the acoustic I realize I value the variety that each electric guitar delivers depending on the song. As far as my one parts Telecaster that I recently put together it fills the Telecaster role perfectly so I'm happy with that one.

Intune

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
Yes! I totally get this. I have my Fender Precision and it's all the bass tone I want. I have a modest Yamaha acoustic guitar that is all the acoustic guitar sound I want. With electric guitars it's different. As much as I want to gravitate to just one like I do with the bass and the acoustic I realize I value the variety that each electric guitar delivers depending on the song. As far as my one parts Telecaster that I recently put together it fills the Telecaster role perfectly so I'm happy with that one.

Yeah for some reason this one tele I have is all I need out of a tele. Same with the one bass, one epiphone jumbo acoustic, one Jaguar. Those are it for me in tone department.

Now when it comes to Strats I want a variety. They all look the same but are very different in pickups and switching.

ThreeChordWonder

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 2, 2020
Cypress TX
One Fender Player, blue burst top, Fender gen4 Noiseless pickups.

One DIY, black double bound solid body with SD Hotrails.

One DIY barncaster with SD Little 59 bridge and Vintage Stack neck.

One DIY mahogany thinline with SD La Brea pickups.

One DIY solid about to be rebodied as a wine red thinline with SD Quarterpounders.

A third DIY thinline about to be started. It will have P90s.

BluesForDan

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 2, 2008
southern NH
I have just one Tele, an '08 CV50 in white blonde. Pretty much the only other tele I'd like is something in the '60s style with a rosewood fingerboard and significantly lighter as well. My CV50 is a portly 8 pounds 8 ounces. I used to have a Nash T-63 that was 6 pounds 5 ounces. Wish I still had it, the new ones are so dang expensive.

Intune

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
I have just one Tele, an '08 CV50 in white blonde. Pretty much the only other tele I'd like is something in the '60s style with a rosewood fingerboard and significantly lighter as well. My CV50 is a portly 8 pounds 8 ounces. I used to have a Nash T-63 that was 6 pounds 5 ounces. Wish I still had it, the new ones are so dang expensive.

Well one tele does it all for me, which is the one I have. However I said earlier if a 60’s double bound tele popped up used I’d probably grab it.

BluesForDan

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 2, 2008
southern NH
Well one tele does it all for me, which is the one I have. However I said earlier if a 60’s double bound tele popped up used I’d probably grab it.

got an MJT swamp ash 3lb 9oz body that I bought 4 years ago, still waiting to be built. I have a choice of necks but there is one rosewood Tele neck that I think is going to be on it. If this turns out the way I hope, I may still keep the CV50 but if I encounter somebody who really needs a guitar, I can gift them the CV50 knowing they'd have an awesome guitar.

Intune

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
got an MJT swamp ash 3lb 9oz body that I bought 4 years ago, still waiting to be built. I have a choice of necks but there is one rosewood Tele neck that I think is going to be on it. If this turns out the way I hope, I may still keep the CV50 but if I encounter somebody who really needs a guitar, I can gift them the CV50 knowing they'd have an awesome guitar.

If I had that body I’d already have the fattest Allparts rosewood board neck on it, fender pure vintage hardware and Seymour Duncan antiquity 60’s type pickups!

BuddyHollywood

Strat-O-Master
Jul 22, 2011
Venice, CA
Took a look...nice stuff. How were the frets? I'm looking at one with an ebony fb for $144 but need to make sure my Classic 60's neck pocket will take a standard heel.
The frets and fret ends are great! I was surprised because I always think I'll have to work on the frets whenever I get a neck.

BluesForDan

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 2, 2008
southern NH
If I had that body I’d already have the fattest Allparts rosewood board neck on it, fender pure vintage hardware and Seymour Duncan antiquity 60’s type pickups!

the neck is a CV60 neck with stock hardware, I had it on my CV50 Tele for almost 10 years. I think the bridge is fender pure vintage. I hope I bought some ferrules *fingers crossed* The pickups are from a CV50 Tele, the pickguard is a custom made red tortoise with holes for mounting the neck pickup (and making it thus adjustable). I don't remember if I put the oversized brass saddles from an '80s MIJ tele or a compensated set. It's been so long since I've looked at the box 'o parts, I barely remember what's in there.🤔

nullaccount

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 12, 2022
Florida
I felt like I had to have a vintage Tele and a modern Tele. I got a Vintage Hot Rod ‘52 Tele (with a 9.5-in. radius and mini humbucker neck pickup) and an American Ultra Tele. Then I found a 2001 American Designer Edition on eBay for $700 and nabbed it. I think that covers all the bases.