More than one tele?

Stratbats

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 16, 2018
WV
I have one Tele (& two Strats which I play constantly) that I never play but refuse to sell because I'll go right out and buy another. It looks gorgeous, sounds incredible, but I just have to admit I can't bond with a Tele.

I fret over this on long winter nights...

RL21980

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 10, 2014
Somewhere in the Ford Galaxy...
One tele. My AO 50s is the best I've ever have. Instantly smitten. Might look for a rosewood model one day but that day hasn't come yet. And the last time it did. I sold it. My AO is a lifetime keeper just like my CS 56 strat. I would sell every guitar I have and dive into my vintage comic book collection before I'd let my CS 56 out the door. That guitar goes to my children one day.

Seamus OReally

Crawling back
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2019
Santa Rosa, CA
I don't own multiple guitars of the same model and never did. It always seemed like one was enough... and rather than playing or sounding or feeling different, owning several guitars simple intensified my feeling that everything I played sounded the same, regardless of the guitar... exactly the opposite effect.

fattboyzz

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 24, 2017
Newnan ,Ga.
Ive got 2 Teles. 1 is nice and I built it with gr8 parts. The other is more like an ongoing project.

If I could only have 1 Tele it would be this one.
20181210_091132.jpg

Y

yettoblaster

New AO ‘70’s Custom because I had one in the seventies.
8F9795D9-7874-4410-9226-635580BFB383.jpeg
And an MIM Vintera, ‘cause sometimes basic does the job.
B519D59F-1B30-4BFD-8650-44BA805558F4.jpeg

Danny D

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 2, 2019
The swampy desert.
I have a few Strats but only one tele. I don’t even look at any because I don’t think it would ever see any play time due to the one I have. Strats are Strats, all mine are very similar in specs but all sound/feel and play different I can justify buying more.

I think me being a bass player and searching for a certain tone, finally finding it with my current bass rig, I never look at any basses or bass amps ever. It’s the same with this tele, it’s tone, feel and build quality makes it so I don’t feel the need to look elsewhere because I know it probably won’t get played.

Anyone else have this feeling when it comes to a certain, guitar, bass or amp?
You need at least two Telecasters.

Nadnitram

Most Honored Senior Member
Even after picking up 4 new-to-me guitars in the past two months, I still have no Teles. Now I'm smitten with this gem that just popped up on Marketplace. Samick Greg Bennett Formula FA2. It's tough to tell from the pic, but I think it's the charcoal or blue quilted top.

1648519931072.png

I simply have no space. I'm able to resist for the time being, but ...

Theleman

Strat-Talker
Sep 19, 2017
shed
I now have 4x Tele type guitars. They all play and sound different. It is like talking to different people.

The next one I am looking for is a HH Tele.

Last edited:

stratblast

Strat-Talker
Jan 17, 2015
OMAHA, NEBRASKA
I have a few Strats but only one tele. I don’t even look at any because I don’t think it would ever see any play time due to the one I have. Strats are Strats, all mine are very similar in specs but all sound/feel and play different I can justify buying more.

I think me being a bass player and searching for a certain tone, finally finding it with my current bass rig, I never look at any basses or bass amps ever. It’s the same with this tele, it’s tone, feel and build quality makes it so I don’t feel the need to look elsewhere because I know it probably won’t get played.

Anyone else have this feeling when it comes to a certain, guitar, bass or amp?
I go thru moods. Mostly I play strats. But I have several teles. Even one relic. Mostly on gigs. I played the strats. But on one gig I took the tele relic. And we recorded. Our rendition of twist n shout. The tele was spot on. Perfect guitar for that song. The right twang.