More USPS whining

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Lonn, Jan 15, 2021.

1. axejock

axejock Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

I FINALLY found the absolutely correct parts to finish my Squier 51 in mid December last year. The package came from somewhere in Ontario, Canada and was shipped on 12/15/2020, via Canada Post. It arrived in Chicago, went through customs, and "cleared" that facility on 12/22/2020 with USPS taking over responsibility for it.. And that's where the tracking stops. All I get when I inquire is "be patient", the package is still on its way. OK, it's been on its way from Chicago to central Washington state now for nearly a month and I have no idea where it is or if it will ever arrive. And if it doesn't arrive, the Post Office will not reimburse anything for the loss. This package has original parts that are nearly impossible to find and to say that I'm a little p**ssed off about the delay and possible loss of the parts is an understatement! The USPS blames it on holiday traffic, Covid, employees not showing up for work, but provide no sense of urgency at all. This sucks!!

abnormaltoy and Believer7713 like this.
  2. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster

DAAAAAAAAAAMIT!!!

it's 7pm on the date given as Deliver by 9pm and just got the notice that::

Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

abnormaltoy and Bowmap like this.
  3. Bowmap

Bowmap I nose a thang or two. Platinum Supporting Member

Why do I have an image in my head of a big ball of packages all super glued together in the basement of some super sized sortation hub?

abnormaltoy and JJ119 like this.
  4. StratUp

StratUp Strat-O-Master

TBH, most of the time they are sitting in the trucks they are sorting mail or taking a mandated break. They don't have enough time to deliver everything on their route in a day. Used to know a USPS mail carrier... not an easy work life in modern times. Not that some of them aren't still caricatures.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  5. StratUp

StratUp Strat-O-Master

I've whined before so I'll keep it short: it's been very unreliable yesterday. All bets are off, even with priority. I've had packages make it across three states in a day... then take five to get from the distribution center to my mailbox. Another came across the country, but just dropped off tracking for a week after shipment then showed up. They used to be highly reliable 99% of the time. Not anymore.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  6. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Senior Stratmaster

What scares me is my diabetic wife who has 30% kidney function and is on the liver transplant list @ Ochsner in NOLA plus all my cardiac meds are set up for mail order thru our Part D drug plan. We order meds the first date they are available regardless of our on hand supply.

Normally when our meds are ordered it takes 4-7 days to process then another week for shipping via USPS; with the slow shipping times now things could put us in dire straits in a hurry.

abnormaltoy and StummerJoe like this.
  7. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster

OK. Here we go....

My package only has to travel around 40 miles total. I would have gone and picked it up but the seller preferred to ship which was also OK with me. Seems that the local big postal handling place is just jacked up as was the case in December when I was waiting for something. The first leg of the journey from where the seller dropped off to that big center was done in hours and now, appears to still be there.

Honestly, the big issue for me is that ridiculous tracking system that gives some kind of estimate of how long deliver will take. If it was just honest about when, it would be a lot better than this nonsense of a delivery date that can't be fulfilled.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  8. StummerJoe

StummerJoe Senior Stratmaster

I purchased an AnalogMan Bad Bob off Reverb. It was shipped 12/28/20. I have yet to receive it.

I ordered a bunch of picks from CME that was shipped on 12/31/20 and finally arrived yesterday.

Both were shipped USPS. I don't care for their service.

BTW, now that I think of it...they're NEVER late with or lose my bills!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What's THAT about?!?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    abnormaltoy likes this.
  9. Believer7713

Believer7713 The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein Silver Member

I just got my lenses for my sunglasses today. They were supposed to be here on Monday. Meanwhile, I bought a luthiers vise from Grizzly two days ago at about 4:30 pm. It showed up this morning delivered by the brown truck guy before 10 am before the mail did. Everything of any value will be shipped through those guys now.

abnormaltoy and StummerJoe like this.
  10. Bowmap

Bowmap I nose a thang or two. Platinum Supporting Member

Picks! Oh crap I forgot I order some picks from Britain. Dec 4th. I wonder if they will get here this year. Maybe I will get them in time for Secret Santa 2021.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  11. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member

Admin Post
    My package finally showed up today. Another odd thing happened though. I got a slip in my mailbox on Wed saying I had a parcel at the post office and unless picked up it would be returned on the 21st. I went to go get it.....it hasn't even arrived at the post office yet. :rolleyes: These guys are on a roll.

12. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Strat-O-Master

True, true. Some items I've ordered have been a month or more. I have read stories about letters going through the distribution centers while packages pile up and up.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  13. JJ119

JJ119 Strat-O-Master

Well,

I don't know why

But I

LMAO

abnormaltoy likes this.
  14. Dave Harmon

Dave Harmon Strat-Talker

Amazing.....I ordered some stuff from a place in Algonquin last Thursday 2 days ago and it arrived today Saturday.
    I have never had any problems with USPS or FedEx.
    UPS...fugedaboutit

abnormaltoy and Namelyguitar like this.
  15. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member

USPS finally delivered a shirt the other day that was shipped last June. (28 weeks!) :whistling:

By comparison, UPS (think brown truck) amazed me.
    A Musiciansfriend Guitar was ordered on 12/22 and arrived 12/24 -before the holiday from their K.C. warehouse.

Then, ordered a Guitar Center 'used' cab (50 lbs.) this past Monday, and it arrived Wed. from the Twin Cities all the way to the Gulf Coast in 2 days. :eek:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    abnormaltoy likes this.
  16. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member

Admin Post
    My package that was went to me Dec 14 just popped up on the radar! After a month it showed up in Little Rock AR last night. Fortuitous as I was just about to order another one from the seller at full price. He told me a while ago if this one ever showed up I could have it at half off if I wanted it.

17. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy Mouth draggin' knuckle breather Silver Member

Well in spite of all the positive experiences that I've had with USPS. I was supposed to get a package Friday, but now it's not going to be here until Tuesday, partially because of the long weekend...but, mainly because when I moved I never change my address on my Sweetwater account. So big thumbs up to the post office for forwarding it to me...neither fedex nor ups have that ability as far as I know.

Namelyguitar likes this.
  18. Nadnitram

Nadnitram Most Honored Senior Member

Oh the Post Office Wagon is a coming down the street,
    Oh please let it be for me.
    Oh the Post Office Wagon is a coming down the street,
    I wish I wish I knew what it could be.
    I got a yellow Telecaster on my birthday,
    In March I got a leather Bo-strap,
    And once I got a Glarry from China,
    Musician's Friend sent braided wiring and some Orange Drop caps.
    upload_2021-1-17_23-10-30.jpeg

19. Chuck8436

Chuck8436 Senior Stratmaster

Came back to this thread because I have some tuners comjng that have been out for delivery since yesterday morning. Now it says "awaiting delivery scan". Tried calling USPS, but the hold time is over an hour. This blows.

Stratafied likes this.
  20. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Most Honored Senior Member Gold Supporting Member

I've seen a couple delays recently. There was a Christmas gift I had delivered to a relative in another state, and it finally just arrived last week (it took a couple weeks to get there, for some reason). Recently I bought something online for myself, and it arrived one day later than expected.

Also, I'm currently living in an apartment complex that has a room with a bunch of parcel lockers that delivery carriers can put our packages into, so we can go pick up our packages any time (even after the apartment office is closed). Recently I went there to pick up a package, at around 6:30PM, and noticed a USPS delivery person delivering packages there. That was probably the latest time in the day I've seen a USPS delivery person working, but I guess if they still have packages to deliver, it happens..