Mullets

StratSounds

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 10, 2016
Rocky Mountain Way
When I was in high school in the 80’s in rural southeast Texas, the “cowboys” and wannabe types were all getting permed mullets. Yep, those tough guys were all getting perms. It was really weird.

Anyway, I just googled “80’s perm cowboy mullet” and this popped up along with some blog post or something that said “the permed mullet is back!”. Lord help us all.

7EF488EC-B713-4361-8FF5-6204F30CD281.jpeg

sam_in_cali

Scream for me Strat-Talk!
Silver Member
Feb 21, 2014
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Thankfully I never had a mullet. I did have a rat tail though.
On the bus to Lackland AFB for Day #1 of basic military training, I sat next to a dude with a pretty sweet rat tail. I looked him over and said to him, "did your recruiter not like you or something?" He goes, "no, why?". I just said , "well, your hair might get noticed"...

..and it did. Poor guy got off the bus and was quickly surounded by 3 Training Instructors who proceeded to chew him up big time and for about 15 minutes made him name every known animal under the sun that had a tail 😆😆😆

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania

Hanson

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 3, 2016
Mesquite, Texas
When I was in high school in the 80’s in rural southeast Texas, the “cowboys” and wannabe types were all getting permed mullets. Yep, those tough guys were all getting perms. It was really weird.

Anyway, I just googled “80’s perm cowboy mullet” and this popped up along with some blog post or something that said “the permed mullet is back!”. Lord help us all.

View attachment 585768

Saw a young man getting this Cowboy mullet perm yesterday while getting my hair trimmed. It’s back!

Jimbo99

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 5, 2021
Palm Coast, FL
I've gone full on buzz cut at this stage, never had a mullet, the back never grew that long. Anyway, I went from $ 12 styled hair cuts (70's & 80's) => $ 5 flat top (early 90's) => (self inflicted) buzz cut mid 90's-Present. Couldn't be any happier since I started cutting my own hair. 1st set of clippers lasted right at about 20 years. Dad tried to cut our hair at one point and that's when Mom intervened around Jr High School. Today, I just plug in & 5 minutes later it's done. I think the only thing I miss is the cute gal with the big boobs rubbing up against me at the salon. Today I'd be a dirty old man for that, so everyone is better off for me cutting my own hair. I saved a lot of money over the years, enough to pay for all this premium gear that I have accumulated.