Join Strat-Talk Today

Multi Guitar Stand

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Synapse2k, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Antigua

Antigua Senior Stratmaster

I have some similar to this. It's a little fugly, but I actually have the guitars I want to keep pristine in their gig bags, while sitting on the stand. When they're in their bags, you can also cram them in a bit more since they're prevented from scraping each other. The toy guitars that I'm allowing to naturally 'relic' sit out in the open, though.

Even the more heavy duty road-worthy folding stand posted above exposes the guitar to some extent, and it looks like road gear, while the foam and metal stands are little better for presentation.

2. martin82

martin82 Strat-Talk Member

I use three of these stand to hold all of my guitars, both poly and nitro finished, with no problems at all. I've been using these for years.

You can also add additional neck and body supports to hold more guitars. I have one with seven and another with six guitars.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  3. nicholas

nicholas Strat-Talker

4. Shawn

Shawn Strat-Talk Member

The older stand with the surgical tubing like rubber on them was really bad on nitro finishes. I've never had a problem with newer stands with the thick black foam padding.

I've used the one linked below with my SG for a couple years and it hasn't harmed the finish.

Amazon.com: Fender 5 Multi-Stand: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510A-Lnz0WL.@@AMEPARAM@@510A-Lnz0WL

*EDIT* I keep this stand at home with a few guitars in easy reach. I really need to get one of the multi stands that fold into a case for gigs.

5. Whittler

Whittler Senior Stratmaster

Question about the case that folds up into a case. Are they tippy how stable are they. Thank you.

6. DeeLite

DeeLite Strat-Talker

I have one of these and it's great! Nice and sturdy and hasn't caused my any finish issues. I also use cheap $10 stands for the ones that I play the most. I buy the cheap $3 Ernie Ball polishing cloths, cut them up and wrap it around the foam.

20151202_193322.jpg
    20151202_193331.jpg

7. dlogs

dlogs Strat-Talker

It doesn't take long for nitro to get damaged by rubber. Last winter my guitar was laying on a pair of winter gloves and when I picked the guitar up it had the pattern of the gloves imprinted on the guitar finish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.