Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Musiclily - any reviews of the loaded HSS pickguard?

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by That635Guy, Oct 26, 2017.

1. That635Guy

That635Guy Strat-Talk Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Delaware Ohio
    Ive just recently saved enough money to buy a Squier. So what? I'm only 15. anyways, ive saved up 250. the guitar is 150, the case is 50, and all the remaining paraphanelia is also 50. I was going to buy a replacement black pickguard as well as knobs and pickup covers when I saw the loaded pickguard for 20$. I assumed it was a steal, and read reviews and watched the few videos there are of it. I ordered it from amazon, it got here the 19th, and I just want to know how good the product actually is. Is it worth the money? Or does the phrase "you get what you pay for" apply too liberally? Let me know If you have also purchased the product and have a valid opinion.

****Disclaimer: I couldn't find a 'parts' forum, so this was the best I could do. Don't yell at me.

TheDuck, skypeace and circles like this.

2. vid1900

vid1900 Senior Stratmaster

Nov 25, 2016
    USA
    I've never used their loaded pickguards, but the pickguards themselves we use all the time.

They are perfectly cut, but remember they sometimes have 2 layers of clear plastic on them.

So if the shine looks crappy, peel again.....

3. stratcpo

stratcpo Senior Stratmaster

Jan 19, 2010
    south texas USA
    Can you at least show us a picture of it,hard to tell what you have at this point. ENJOY!!!

4. That635Guy

Oct 26, 2017
    Delaware Ohio
    Ok, Ive peeled off the first few layers. I got it off amazon, it looks classy.

5. vid1900

vid1900 Senior Stratmaster

Nov 25, 2016
    USA
    Lets see some pics, especially of the backside.

6. That635Guy

Oct 26, 2017
    Delaware Ohio
    Yeah, I have a picture. Yes, thats an epiphone humbucker, and yes, the potentiometers are less than dime sized. The Knobs are fully adjustable, so are the pickup height and pickup switch unnamed.jpg unnamed.jpg

vid1900 likes this.

7. That635Guy

Oct 26, 2017
    Delaware Ohio
    Ok, i sent a reply to another user, consult those pictures for more information.

8. rabbithowls

rabbithowls Senior Stratmaster

Jul 11, 2014
    Colorado Springs
    For $20 you really can't go wrong, but imo the only upgrade is the bucker.

skypeace likes this.

9. That635Guy

Oct 26, 2017
    Delaware Ohio
    Yeah. The strat I got was a fat strat anyways so the only real upgrade is maybe the pots and the color. I also like the feel of the switch.

10. TheDuck

TheDuck Senior Stratmaster

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    So what is you are only fifteen, and you saved to buy your own guitar. Good for you :thumb:

11. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

The pickups in those cheap pickguards usually sound ok but the other stuff is prone to failure, especially the switch and sometimes the wiring/solders are bad. On the good side, you can fix those kind of things and it should sound OK. Have fun, learn some stuff, and good luck.

12. That635Guy

Oct 26, 2017
    Delaware Ohio
    Thanks for the insight, I am looking to replace pots and humbucker