My Big Fat Fulltone

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Bob Spumoni, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Bob Spumoni

Bob Spumoni Senior Stratmaster

I don't use a lot of effects. I buy them, fiddle with them, then put them in a box, generally. Every so often, though, one sticks around in my chain for a long time. One is my Danelectro TunaMelt tremolo. I have a full-blown addiction to that thing. I set it very slow with a light effect. That makes the attack just a little different with each note. You don't really hear the tremolo per se at all.

Now I've found another effect I can't get away from, a Fulltone MDV-3 Univibe. I leave it on all the time. It makes all the notes kinda bloom with harmonics-laden sustain. Pair it up with a PRS, and the notes hang around forever. I play a lot of jazz, but I hate chorus, to which jazzers were at one time devoted. The Univibe fills that role wonderfully. Anybody else similarly addicted?

Packrat and stormsedge like this.
  2. bbarott

bbarott Most Honored Senior Member

I recently picked up a mini DejaVibe MKII, same deal. While I don't leave it on all the time I'm using it for stuff I didn't buy it for. It's an awesome, fat pedal and I'm keeping it.

amstratnut likes this.
  3. GhostJam47

GhostJam47 Strat-Talker

I do something similar with the Harmonic Tremolo on my flint. Tapped into quarter notes (or sometimes eighth) at a subtle level. Gives everything a lil texture.

Combined with a little subtle envelope filter from the Q-tron, i get something that's in the ballpark of a univibe actually

4. Electgumbo

Electgumbo Not Of This Earth

I have a box with 3 Fulltone Deja Vibes in it… and a few other vibes.. I bought my first vibe in 1975. My favorite now is the Sabbadius Funky Vibe. When I was a kid I hear this guy from Seattle and I’ve never been the same…

5. strattopper

strattopper Strat-Talker

I have the Deja'Vibe MKII and I too leave it on all the time... It really does fatten things up which I like...
    I leave the speed and intensity set to zero and the two mini toggles set to vintage and chorus - Sounds awesome !

6. Highway Chile

Highway Chile Strat-Talker

I have the custom shop mini Deja and I use it a lot (almost all the time when using my Strat). I like it subtle, with the speed knob set at 9:00 most of the time.