My Dreadnought is a beast

Discussion in 'Acoustic Soundboard' started by teleamp, Jul 15, 2021.

1. RPKennedy

RPKennedy Senior Stratmaster Platinum Supporting Member

I'll chime in.

My Santa Cruz D/PW (Dreadnaught Pre-War) is 20 years old, and seemingly gets better every time I play it.

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 7.23.41 PM.png

2. teleamp

teleamp Strat-Talker Silver Member

Very nice...

3. Jason D

Jason D Senior Stratmaster

I don’t even have what is considered to be a “nice” Martin. It’s a 1999 DR. It’s the only guitar that I ever pulled off a rack and instantly loved though. It still has perfect action and intonation, and it has always sounded incredibly good. It’s a Nazareth guitar, not an import, so I guess QC was excellent. I love the thing so much that I don’t think I’d ever need to upgrade to a high end model. I would, however, like a Mahogany bodied Martin at some point just because they tend to have a little more tightness and a less boomy bottom to the sound. Bottom line is that I’m a Martin fan for life.

4. mikhailwatt

mikhailwatt Strat-Talk Member

Early '66 D-18 - before they switched from tortoise shell to black binding/pickguard.
    Had it for about 12 years now - came with lots of wear, a couple "standard" cracks repaired, and a 1/4" jack patch.
    Was told that the bridge may have been replaced, can't say for sure. Doesn't really matter to me.

Whatever angel/fairy dust they used at the factory hasn't worn off... :)

D-18 top.jpg
    D-18 crop.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021