My little man passed away this morning.

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Antstrat, Jun 20, 2021.

1. truerockmusician

truerockmusician Strat-Talk Member

Sorry. That hurts

2. Uncle Micky

Uncle Micky Strat-Talker

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Pets are like your best friend, you child and so much more. I know how deep the pain can be when you lose a special friend like that. Yes, I will do that.

Deepest sympathy and all Healing to you.

3. Mason Gordon

Mason Gordon Strat-Talk Member

Hi Anthony, you have every ounce of my sympathy. We recently lost our little girl Aimee a 13 year old border collie, it still makes me cry now after more than 3 months and will continue to do so for many years to come. Dogs give you many years of unyielding love and happiness, and one day of unbearable pain. The best thing you can do now is find another source of unyielding love and happiness; somewhere there is a puppy that needs you.

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  4. Jim H

Jim H Strat-Talk Member Silver Member

Your post touched my heart. He lived a long wonderful life and was just as lucky to have you as you to have him!! Take care my brother.

5. BigDan

BigDan Strat-Talker

Nothing hurts like losing your pet and friend. We all feel your pain.
    Now! Go down to the pound and get a new friend. Don't go to the high society puppy farm.

6. Zeekrider

Zeekrider Strat-Talker

Very, very sorry for your loss. I know how painful that loss can be. Your pup was a beautiful little man and I pray you can be reunited with him one day.

7. macoshark

macoshark Senior Stratmaster

Frickin bummer...beyond words.

8. lojoman 16

lojoman 16 New Member!

Very sorry for your loss.

9. Eric_G

Eric_G Strat-Talker

My sincere condolences, the lost of a good friend is always hard. I have had dogs most of my life and a pair of dogs for the last 20 years. Each time, when the time comes to take the hard decision to relief their pain, I'm heart broken. Just last november, we had to let our rescued Mixed- Aussi-Golden go.

It is always hard, but I keep in mind when this time comes that hanging on to them is selfish. Any experienced dog owner can recognize when their friend are ready... most of the time it is us that aren't...

If you are considering getting a new buddy in the future, may I suggest you consider a rescue. With this pandemic, a lot of families have decided to adopt a pup, to a point where breeders and recues shelter were emptied !!! I strongly suspect that when time return to normal, there will be a very high number of families giving up on their dog and rescue shelter will be filled with nice dogs not deserving to be there.

May the years of pleasure you had with your buddy George be a motivation to bring years of pleasure to a rescue dog ! You know dogs, they will give back no matter what !

Lovnmesomestrat likes this.
  10. tamer_of_banthas

tamer_of_banthas Strat-Talk Member

don't know you @ all but very sincerely sorry to hear it. animals are special companions and they bring a lot of light and joy into our lives. i hope he went out easy (all any of us can hope for, really) and that you find your way through this difficult time.

11. rossmon

rossmon Strat-Talk Member

So sorry to hear of your loss. My boy Kingsley passed Dec 2 2019. He was over 16 and had a great life as I’m sure your boy George did. Got to get a pup to heal the loss and give that pup a good life too.
    Whats that famous line? “If their are no dogs in Heaven, i’ll be going down below…”

Rossmon

12. bluesguy62

bluesguy62 Strat-Talk Member

So sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, George.

13. FrieAsABird

FrieAsABird Strat-O-Master

Hey, I am so so sorry for your loss. I’ve only ever had cats, but I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved pet. I have never been a religious person, but I was brought up in a Christian household and I have always found comfort in the idea of meeting all the loved ones we lose along our way in the afterlife- I hope you can find this kind of comfort as well. Rest in Peace to your boy- he has obviously made this World a better place for you to live in, and I bet that has made him happy and proud.

14. Povl

Povl Strat-Talk Member

I can feel your pain, I lost my boy 12 years old some months ago. Still feel the pain when I see his grave in the garden

15. mark1406

mark1406 Strat-Talk Member

The song says it all, “never lied to me once, never thwarted my trust.”

Dogs are great.

16. Trey Pfeifer

Trey Pfeifer New Member!

Sorry for your loss.

17. Uncle Fiesta

Uncle Fiesta Senior Stratmaster

George was lovely. My thoughts are with you.

Rest assured, the day will come when your happy memories of having him with you are stronger than the grief of his passing.

The-Kid and Lovnmesomestrat like this.
  18. SatinNeck81

SatinNeck81 Strat-Talker

My sympathies. Losing a dog can be almost as hard as losing a family member. They become part of our daily lives and bring us joy. Before the dog you see in my pic I always had Goldens, and my father still has one. Will think of your big guy.

Lovnmesomestrat likes this.
  19. ralphieboy57

ralphieboy57 Strat-Talk Member

I feel your pain Brother. I still get teary eyed when I think about Roxie ( my avatar ). The best Girlfriend I ever had.

Andrew Wasson and StratUp like this.