My little man passed away this morning.

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Antstrat, Jun 20, 2021.

1. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Senior Stratmaster

How very sadd :(:(:(:(

RIP !

2. Willmunny

Willmunny Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

Sincere condolences my friend

3. Neil.C

Neil.C Most Honored Senior Member

So sorry to hear this Anthony.

I know what you are going through, have experienced it many times myself. :(

Dogs are so perfect and free of anything bad that it makes their passing so much more painful.

Andrew Wasson and Archtops like this.
  4. Archtops

Archtops Strat-Talker

Sorry to hear of his passing. They are such dear friends who love us unconditionally. They teach us a lot.

5. Parksie

Parksie Strat-Talker

Very sorry to hear this mate.

Im sure you are in a world of pain. I certainly would be.

Try and focus on all the good times you had together and the fact that you had each other.

Hope this helps.

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  6. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

Very sorry for your loss

looks like he was a very happy and friendly dog.

7. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

@Antstrat So, so sorry for your loss. My dogs mean the world to me so I know exactly how you feel. My Dixie sends her love & kisses.

20210621_053002.jpg

If you can, get a puppy. Soon. It'll help TREMENDOUSLY. Ask me how I know. Dixie is that puppy and she probably saved my life, TBH.

8. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

I am so sorry for your loss. I know he meant the world to you. R.I.P. George Patton. Take care, Ant.

9. Wound_Up

Wound_Up CUSTOM USER TITLE Silver Member

Yea it is. This last time, I cried almost as hard as I did when my daughter passed away. I had that dog from birth until she was 12 yrs old and one day she got sick and there was nothing I or the vet could do. And so she basically died in my arms while I sat there feeling so helpless. It's the worst feeling ever. I spent the final 24 hours loving my dog and making sure she knew how much she was loved. I laid on the floor with her and held her and petted her and fed her all sorts of meat.

I still have issues to this day with everything that happened. It all happened so quickly and I was so helpless. It's not anything I ever want to go through again. Ever. :( Dixie, the dog I posted above, is the puppy I got 2 weeks later. That was the first time I didn't have at least 1 dog in the last 30 years. So it didn't last long. It just didn't feel right coming home and not being met at the door, etc...

Thank God I found Dixie. She's the only AKC registered dog I've ever had and she's, by far, the best dog I've ever had. She incredible. I'm so, so thankful I found her.

10. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock

So sorry to hear about the loss of your best friend. I feel your pain as we lost our little girl a few months ago. It’s so hard but we have our memories of our pals. I wouldn’t trade that for even a little easing of the pain of loss. Hang in there.

11. chas3rd

chas3rd Strat-Talker Gold Supporting Member Silver Member

“Old Blues’ where the good dogs go”

I’m so sorry. C

12. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Senior Stratmaster

Hey Anthony I am so sorry for your loss!

13. LawFlow

LawFlow Strat-Talker

I'm so sorry to hear this. Breaks my heart. Our Golden is 14 years and 8 months. She can barely see or hear, but still acts like a puppy at times. I dread the day that is coming. I can't imagine.

Andrew Wasson and StratUp like this.
  14. Swingbass

Swingbass Senior Stratmaster

condolences @Antstrat . We miss our girl Georgia. We got her from a rescue network out of Georgia hence her name. She was the sweetest girl who always made our lives seem better with her unconditional love. She died last year at 15 years old. We still miss her. Here's a pic from her younger days.

upload_2021-6-21_8-32-18.jpeg

Andrew Wasson and moozak like this.
  15. StratMike10

StratMike10 Dr. Stratster Silver Member

My condolences Ant.

Kira is 11 and really showing her age lately. She has been my constant companion for 10 of those years (I take her to work every day) and my life has been so much better for it. She makes me think about the immensity that people who don't have a dog companion miss.

I suppose there must be some reason why their life is so much shorter than ours, but I don't like it, don't like it one bit.

Neil.C, Andrew Wasson and Miotch like this.
  16. moozak

moozak Strat-Talk Member

she’s beautiful… glad you have her in your life

17. Miotch

Miotch Senior Stratmaster

So Sorry. I, too, actually cried more when Big Yellow Dog and Mr. Bo Jangles died than when my parents died. Not that I didn't love my parents with all my heart and soul. I just understood that by the time they passed, it was a blessing in many ways and I had at least three weeks to mentally prepare for mom and about three years to mentally prepare for dad. But with Big Yellow and Bo, it was somehow different. And I still tear up when I think about them. They were my first two dogs and I was 32 when I got the first one. My best friends and camping buddies for 14 years. We were a pack.

StratMike10 and Andrew Wasson like this.
  18. archetype

archetype Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Sorry, brother. He's in your heart forever.

19. The-Kid

The-Kid Dr. Stratster

Bro I'm so sorry man. My condolences and will think of George Patton when I see a Golden Retriever in his memory.

20. Agtronic

Agtronic Senior Stratmaster

RIP George Patton. Very sorry to hear this. I’ve lost a few and it’s been the worst pain I have experienced to date. My friend lost his son and also several dogs and he says the pain cuts equally deep in both cases.

Dogs are the absolute best thing ever.

There is a woman on Etsy that makes miniature dogs based on photos. A friend had two of ours done and I literally cried like a little baby when I first saw it. Really a nice little reminder to glance over at or sit by and reminisce… https://instagram.com/kericbk?utm_medium=copy_link

Andrew Wasson and StratUp like this.