My new American Pro II Strat

rlawsha

New Member!
Sep 30, 2021
Illinois
Picked up an American Pro II Strat a while ago. Couldn't be happier with it. I took off the whammy bar because I don't use one much. Coming from a Les Paul to a Strat the hardest thing to get used to is the volume knob seems to always be in the way. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

upload_2022-1-11_9-54-20.jpeg

Y

yettoblaster

Beautiful!

I just moved my picking hand a little towards the neck. The vol pot grows on ya.

rlawsha

New Member!
Sep 30, 2021
Illinois
Thank you everyone! Way back in the 80's I was in a rock band for around 5 years. I worked in a music store and did amp repairs. Long story short, now I am in my 60's and decided to get back to guitar. Now I am more into blues than rock but love pretty much anything with guitar in it. This guitar is wonderful, the tone is so clear and the amount of sustain surprises me. I have had no problems with tuning drift at all.

And those little electronic tuners you clamp to the headstock....best invention I've seen in a long time!

OzzieV

Strat-Talker
Thank you everyone! Way back in the 80's I was in a rock band for around 5 years. I worked in a music store and did amp repairs. Long story short, now I am in my 60's and decided to get back to guitar. Now I am more into blues than rock but love pretty much anything with guitar in it. This guitar is wonderful, the tone is so clear and the amount of sustain surprises me. I have had no problems with tuning drift at all.

And those little electronic tuners you clamp to the headstock....best invention I've seen in a long time!
Congratulations. I’ve a similar history to yours and yeah electronics has come a long way.

Kdawg1966

Strat-Talker
Jan 10, 2018
Over Here
Picked up an American Pro II Strat a while ago. Couldn't be happier with it. I took off the whammy bar because I don't use one much. Coming from a Les Paul to a Strat the hardest thing to get used to is the volume knob seems to always be in the way. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Yes you will, it just take time.

Congrats on the new Strat. She's a looker!