My Strat family

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Intune, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Intune

Intune Senior Stratmaster

I’m not worried out it, it’s my guitar and they can do what they want really. Fender licensed the neck so what’s the big deal.

2. bobalu

bobalu Strat-Talker Silver Member

Now, if you live in Edmonton, why did you need to invert a can of air to freeze spray it? You could have just opened your front door and held the guitar outside for 30 seconds! :D:p

Very nice set of triplets there! The '65 looks really nice. Did you use Fender CS pickups for each one?

3. Colnago1

Colnago1 Senior Stratmaster

The big deal is that they could eventually end up on the market for sale and they aren’t Fender guitars. They’re counterfeit.

SonOfLerome likes this.
  4. Intune

Yeah that is true! It was summer though but really we get maybe 2 months of summer anyway so I should have waited. The custom shop ancho poblano pickups were in the red one but I took those out for the new white blonde project.

Now big red has Seymour Duncan Texas hots and the 65 has the Duncan surfer II’s which actually sound awesome some with the Texas hots. 4931DFF3-9021-4B4C-826F-C7E79ADDB83C.jpeg F249E5A8-361A-427E-A72B-F4370EA04105.jpeg

5. Intune

That is true but it’s real easy to tell this is not a fender. One quick pic of the neck heel and it says Allparts? “what this a not a real vintage Strat for $1500, man that decal fooled me”. All joking aside it’s pretty easy to tell a vintage from a fake.

6. Colnago1

Colnago1 Senior Stratmaster

For us here on Strat-talk yes, it’s easy to tell the difference.
    Almost every week there’s a post on here asking about the legitimacy of a guitar someone is going to buy or has already bought, only to be told that it’s a fake.
    That’s the concern and the decal does fool a lot of people who don’t know any better.

7. Intune

No I totally agree. Every forum has those “is this legit” posts. Thing is fake decal or not those inexperienced buyers post those questionable instruments up because even with their lack of knowledge they know something is up. Especially if the questionable guitar has a price to good to be true.

So on the other hand if someone is looking to spend serious cash on a vintage instrument they know what they are looking for and if not has someone they know that does.

I also think it’s a myth that guys are buying the fake decal partscasters thinking they got a crazy deal on a vintage instrument. The seller must have been hard up. Again this is not for sale and will never be.

8. Intune

Oh another note, what’s the difference between putting a fake decal on a fake fender than putting a fender neck on a fake body? The 65 Strat has a American original fender 60’s neck and a MJT body.

9. Erik_C

Erik_C Strat-Talker

Thanks for the beautiful pic!

10. Ave

Ave Strat-Talker

Loving the family photo! Wish I had those Strats! I'm hoping for an American Stratocaster soon.

11. Intune

Thanks guys. 2 are fakes but there’s a real on the right. Everyone needs a strat in their life, partscasters or actual fender made they still scratch the itch for me.

SonOfLerome likes this.
  12. artgtr

artgtr Artgtr Silver Member

Nice guitars, great family pic!

13. Believer7713

Believer7713 The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein Silver Member

I would be very careful admitting that my guitar had V-D:eek:! No one will want to play with you until you get a shot:whistling:...but props to yoy for at least being honest about it.:p

axejock likes this.
  14. Intune

Haha, oops, should keep that to myself. Hopefully it will clear up after the 14-16 week wait time!!