Join Strat-Talk Today

my wife and daughter were in a wreck tonight.

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by 07 road house, Dec 10, 2009.

1. 07 road house

07 road house Senior Stratmaster

One of the busy freeways in dallas is US 75. My wife travels this road every day and she always has my baby girl with her. Tonight she was going home in the HOV lane and there was a car stopped in front of her so she stopped. She was hit from behind. The car that hit her rolled on its side and then was hit by another car. All people involed were ok but I believe our car is totaled. I am going to take my wife and daughter to the doctor tomorrow. I know that the silver lining is that all people are ok . I believe that the Lord was riding shotgun because if the car was hit any harder the other car would have been in the backseat. This just makes me realize that my whole world could fall apart in a split second.

Hug the ones you love and tell them you love them becuse you could loose them at any time.

2. firesgt911

firesgt911 Strat-Talker

Glad to hear your family is ok!!! What a blessing. I know I've had a lot of close calls on 75 back when they had all the construction at 635! Traffic will slow down real fast!

3. 07 road house

yep you are talking the high 5 interchange which is better now that is is finished. This was in Plano and everyone thinks they have to drive 70 in the HOV ( I have done it myself)

4. firesgt911

firesgt911 Strat-Talker

High 5(couldn't remember what it was called)! It's been about 6'ish years since I've been home. I remember the speeding in Plano quite well having lived between there and Allen my last couple years in TX.

5. ZL1LoVeR

ZL1LoVeR Strat-O-Master

Wow! I'm glad to hear that everyone is ok and no one got hurt.

The car is all metal and plastic, human life is what's important.

6. Bundini

Bundini Former Member

You just said it, The Lord was riding with them. It was not an "accident" in that you have been galvanized by seeing not only the fragility of life, but to realize that God has His hand upon your family. Use this happening to show God your gratitude and most importantly to ask Him why he placed you on this earth. Your place on earth is no "accident"'

Peace Bro, and be sure to get the best medical attention for your family. I will be praying for ya'all.

7. T-Bodz Terry B.

T-Bodz Terry B. Most Honored Senior Member

Glad to hear that your Family is well!

My In-Laws all live off 75! I've had numerous
    close calls on that highway and also 635.
    A little bit crazy driving out there at times...

Give you Wife & Daughter Big Hugs tonight and everyday Bro!

I too have a little girl! I'm thankful everyday for my Wife and Little one!

8. peskypesky

peskypesky -------

so glad to hear your wife and child are ok!

9. dman

dman Strat-O-Master

A crash is never a bad one if you can walk away from it. I'm very glad your wife and daughter are okay.

Guitars are great, but your family is the most important thing!

10. SurfNut

SurfNut Strat-Talk Member

Glad nobody was hurt seriously and what you said was correct. Amen.

11. hendrixfan

hendrixfan Senior Stratmaster

really glad that your wife and child wern,t hurt and everyone else was ok too.makes you realise how fragile life here is and to apprieciate what you have

12. 07 road house

thank you all for your kind words. I know for a fact that things could have been a lot worse. As I was looking at the damage my daughter that is 2 told me "The car is broke" I told her" That is ok we can fix cars but we cant fix you and your mommy " I am so blessed that they are ok. Makes you kind of emotional.

13. Malikon

Malikon Dark Cabaret

damn, glad to hear everyone's ok. Hope they get all checked out by a doctor and everything.

The vehicles replaceble while the family isn't and that's really all that matters.

sounds like you got really lucky, the crash you're describing sounds pretty scary.

14. Goodkat

Goodkat The One Strat-Talk Supporter

Hey 07 road house, I'm glad your wife and daughter are OK and yes ... life IS precious. Take care!

15. 07 road house

yea man it was real scary. I was trying to get to them and traffic was backed up because of the wreck and this is one of the 2 busiest freeways in Dallas. The HOV lanes are all the way in to the left and thousands of cars just caused me to freak out a little. There was a nice man that stopped and allowed the children involved to sit in his car with his child to stay warm (it was in the 30s with wind chill of 20s) . My daughter was acting like her normal self when I finally got my arms around her.

16. cog513

cog513 Strat-Talk Member

Glad everyone is O.K.

17. BlueDog

BlueDog Strat-Talker

Glad everyone is okay. I've driven in Dallas a couple of times, crazy. Be safe and enjoy the holidays. Remember things can be replaced.

18. Bangbang

Bangbang Senior Stratmaster

I know what your feeling....I have 5 kids and alomst lost three to accidents. Glad you all are ok.

19. parrish

parrish Strat-Talker

I am glad everyone is okay!

20. CandyAppleHead

CandyAppleHead Strat-O-Master

Funny how kids can stay matter-of-fact in situations like that, when the adults are probably beside themselves. Sorry to hear about the crash but glad for you that they're both OK.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.