Mystery of the 26's

ARRITDOR

Strat-Talk Member
Jun 11, 2012
Midwest

DaveDaDude

Strat-Talker
In the first one, Daphne Blue maybe, the expanded text says, "Limited Edition: Serial # 26 of 30". Maybe that's the answer, or it's a fake, or someone at Fender can't count to 22. [edit] Sorry, I lost count. :rolleyes:

Still... in either case, I would stay away from them. ORrrrr... if you're really smitten with them, you'd have to buy both to be sure. Perhaps not a terrible fate.

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Silver Member
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
Same guitar? 1 ad is from 6 years ago.

Edit: the other is from 5 years ago. Hmmm. They look to be different colors, too. I dunno. Maybe it's the lighting? I see the cases are different, too. But he could've easily swapped cases with something else.

Edit #2: starting to think they wrote the wrong # on the COA on one of them.

Edit #3: lol just realized the same poster made the other thread about this set, too. Sorry about that! I wouldn't have bumped the other thread about these had I realized that.

Last edited:

ARRITDOR

Strat-Talk Member
Jun 11, 2012
Midwest
Perhaps is 30 per color?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hmmm... The second shot of the COA is clear that its 26 of 30. However, that made me take a second look at the Surf Green and it appears to be 25 of 30(!) - seller must have made a typo.

ARRITDOR

Strat-Talk Member
Jun 11, 2012
Midwest
Same guitar? 1 ad is from 6 years ago.

Edit #3: lol just realized the same poster made the other thread about this set, too. Sorry about that! I wouldn't have bumped the other thread about these had I realized that.

No worries mate, I just fixed it up.