Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NAD! Don't Laugh

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by BuckNekkid, Nov 30, 2017.

1. BuckNekkid

BuckNekkid Strat-Talker

Nov 28, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Just received my new, little practice amp - a Line 6 AMPLIFi 30. I was debating going for the Yamaha THR-10, but the features of this one won me over.

[​IMG]

A 30 watt amp with features galore, including jam tracks and presets that can be downloaded from the Internet. It's configurable (with multiple amp types, cabinet types, modulation, reverb, etc.) through a smartphone / tablet app connected via Bluetooth.

@trapdoor2, it runs a little over your budget ($250) but it also includes CUBase recording software and a forum full of folks who can add a lot of value. I like it for its size (just larger than a lunchbox). It won't be a gig amp, but in my practice area, it's got a ton of sound!

2. TheDuck

TheDuck Senior Stratmaster

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    Congrats and enjoy! :thumb:

3. TangerineDog

TangerineDog Senior Stratmaster

Sep 5, 2015
    The EU
    Why should anyone laugh?

That I want the feeling of playing through a valve amp (thank God for the Marshall 1 watters) and would be creeped out by configurable amps is my problem more than it's s reason to knock your new amp!
    I dig it! Not my cup o' coffee, but I see its advantages and must say: :thumb:

circles likes this.

4. alderre

alderre Strat-O-Master

May 1, 2014
    New Braunfels
    I don't see anything funny about that amp.

Solid design, vast community of users and it makes you want to play more...

I have the THR10 and love it, but this one is nice too

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    andrewps24 likes this.

5. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Strat-Talker

Oct 25, 2017
    Nawth Alabama
    Happy NAD!

I hadn't seen that one. Yah, not my cuppa (way to complex for what I want to do). It would be a lot of fun to mess around with...

Ooooh. I like the AMPLIFi TT (which is essentially the same thing but as a head unit).

Dammit, it looks like I can snag a TT for less than $130. I am getting AAS! :eek:

6. Silvercrow

Silvercrow Strat-O-Master

Nov 6, 2014
    Bucks County, Pa.
    COOL! I'm gonna have to check out any vids that be available..unless you wanna post a track / video?

IMHO No ONE should laugh any anyone's equipment!

Best wishes with it and let us know how you two are getting on...

Brian

7. nuculer terrist

nuculer terrist Senior Stratmaster

Mar 12, 2014
    center of the mind
    Very cool. I didnt realize those amps had all those features. Sounds hany for recording

8. BuckNekkid

BuckNekkid Strat-Talker

Nov 28, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    So I just got home from work and started playing around. One thing that grabbed me right away is the "Tones" feature. Tap the icon and you have a search screen with three options: My Tones, which you create yourself, Favorites, which are just tones you tag as such, Cloud, where you can search online for tones. That last one is the coolest! For example, I just searched for "Gilmour" and got 30 tones. Just press a tone and the amp is configured to that tone: amp, cabinet, volume, equalizer, gate, wah, stomp, modulation, delay and reverb. I can modify any of the settings if I like, and then save that either in my library (on the tablet) or to the amp, which has four presets onboard.

The number of tones seems unlimited. At least to me, for now. :)

9. papergoblin

papergoblin Strat-Talker

Sep 21, 2017
    Alabama
    I actually was looking at the TT model but it is only app compatible from what I've seen, no pc support. That's the only thing that has kept me off these amps, I'd rather configure from a laptop.

10. Kstu

Kstu Strat-Talk Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I wanted to try one but I let the fear of needing my phone for it take over.

11. Dick Blackmore

Dick Blackmore Strat-O-Master

Jan 10, 2017
    San Diego
    When you said do not laugh I was going to come prepared to defend the Pignose!

GunMonkeyINTL likes this.

12. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 24, 2017
    Sharpsburg ,Ga.
    I like it . .. congrats !