Join Strat-Talk Today

NAD, Quilter Overdrive 200

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Cerb, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Cerb

Cerb Most Honored Senior Member

So I sprung for a used Overdrive 200. I had an hour to play with it yesterday evening and another 30 minutes this morning and I'm very impressed. The cleans sound amazing, the overdrive is great and it's easy to dial in an edge of breakup tone.

The headphone out isn't great for overdriven tones but they usually aren't IME. Or it's just my headphones...

The DI on the back has no cab sim which is great, I tried hooking it up to the audio interface and loaded an IR in Reaper, I got the best recorded DI I ever had. I'm very happy!

Now I can have the same tone playing anywhere between 0 and 200 watts including recording. Very happy!

Quilter-3.jpg Quilter-2.jpg Quilter.jpg

lineboat, Omar, Nick-O and 7 others like this.
  2. JB74

JB74 Senior Stratmaster

I did say elsewhere that these are an absolute belter of an amp. hands-down they are the best little black box for the money to come along in a LONG time.

HNAD!!!

Cerb likes this.
  3. shovelmike

shovelmike Senior Stratmaster

Happy NAD to you, owning its predecessor, Tone Block 200, I can attest that they are impressive. Electronic technology has advanced a lot when such power and features can be contained in such a small, light weight unit.
    Mine powers a Fender 4-12 cab to whatever extremes you desire, and also excels when going direct out to the PA. I haven't hooked into a digital interface yet....that is beyond the learning curve for this old fellow...but I am working on catching up! Enjoy, as I suspect you will.

JB74 and Cerb like this.
  4. Cerb

Cerb Most Honored Senior Member

Thanks!

Yes I'm very impressed and really looking forward to using it live and for rehearsals after the summer!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.