NAD (to me) a 2nd Jet City, JCA22H

joe_cpwe

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 21, 2015
WI, USA
Last night I grabbed my second Jet City head.

I bought a single channel JCA 20H just two months ago. Cool amp, was in need of some mods but I got interested in the two channel JCA 22H so when I found one for cheap I decided to grab it and forgo any mods on the single channel 20H, and I'll likely sell it.

The overdrive (SLO) channel on the 22H is wicked. This is a pretty great amp. When I bought it a previous owner had put a Marshall logo on it, non original white knobs, all tubes swapped to JJ and the min switch (which does nothing). I had a real Jet City badge (intended for the 20H) so I made the swap today.

Jet City are no longer new mass produced but there are some new model and refurbs through Jet City custom. These amps don't do sweet...

20211105_170058.jpg

20211105_165907.jpg

20211104_203236.jpg

sam_in_cali

Scream for me Strat-Talk!
Silver Member
Feb 21, 2014
Santa Maria, CA
I had the soldano amp (atomic 16) that the JCA20H was supposedly based on. Great little rocker and there are some great mods out there to enhance the gain even further.
Congrats!

joe_cpwe

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 21, 2015
WI, USA
I had the soldano amp (atomic 16) that the JCA20H was supposedly based on. Great little rocker and there are some great mods out there to enhance the gain even further.
Congrats!

Very HNAD!!! As a Soldano owner I’ve always had a soft spot for those….

At this point I'm not sure I'll ever own a Soldano, but I'm happy to play in the kiddie pool :D

joe_cpwe

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 21, 2015
WI, USA
That's awesome! I've always been curious about these but the one's I've seen used were always beat up looking and I'm not too sharp with schematics lol.

HNUAD!
Honestly, the 22H sounds pretty great stock (just tubes swapped) so the few little mods I do will be because they're 'nice to have', I also like tinkering a little bit, and it was only $250 so I not risking too much. If you see one used somewhere, check it out. I had fun in the loud room at Music Go Round last night.

Latest posts