1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

NAD yesterday. Not a very popular one. I think I'll love it!

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by tygr1, Sep 24, 2020.

1. tygr1

tygr1 Strat-Talk Member

So, after a couple of years not even owning a guitar or amp or doing ANY playing, my 33 year old Son buys a Strat and I send him some stuff he needs including my forgotten Egnater Tweaker.

He's really coming along already...more talent than I, I suspect, lol. Anyway, he'll call once in a while and play a few licks and dammitt...I just couldn't stand it anymore...I bought a Strat body (USA) with trem, a noiseless loaded pickguard and I'm searching for the right neck and some locking tuners. All good.

But yesterday I decide to peruse the used amps at the local GC. Almost walked out and then there, in the back, something catches my eye. A Marshall tube combo...closer look...A JCM 600 12" combo for $479. I know, I know, reliability problems, can't sound good with a Strat, etc., etc.

Hogwash! If it (it's got the vented top) has lasted this long, comes with the original footswitch, has been well treated like this one has, it'll last another 10 years. I'm old. I like a good Strat sound through a 'vintage' sounding Marshall.

Can't wait now to get the axe together!!

Just had to share.

2. jtoomuch

jtoomuch Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Good for you, nice find. HNAD.

tygr1 likes this.
  3. stormsedge

stormsedge Strat-Talker Gold Supporting Member

HNAD! If it sounds good to you, that is what matters. AND, at 60w, you can rock the neighborhood;)!

tygr1 likes this.
  4. Duane_the_tub

Duane_the_tub Strat-O-Master

Not a single thing wrong with a Strat through a Marshall. I bet it sounds glorious.

These crummy old solid state Marshalls from the 80s are supposedly garbage as well, but they've buried an awful lot of pricey tubers.

20200517_155554.jpg

98bigapple, tygr1 and jtoomuch like this.
  5. Cerb

Cerb Anti conformist reformist

Nice! HNAD!

tygr1 likes this.
  6. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Strat-Talker

Congrats, now get that strat built so you can enjoy them together.

jtoomuch, Bob the builder and tygr1 like this.
  7. tygr1

tygr1 Strat-Talk Member

Got the body today...the rest has been ordered and is trickling in now. The body is actually Olympic White.

20200924_175301.jpg

Bob the builder likes this.
  8. myredstrat

myredstrat Senior Stratmaster

HNUAD!
    My understanding is there can be heat related reliability issues with that model amp, so, why not add a whisper fan to keep it cooler

jtoomuch and tygr1 like this.