NAD

Hendrixlvr

Strat-O-Master
Jul 8, 2016
Mississauga
Today I just picked up a “new to me” custom made Moratto amp. Looks like a tweed deluxe but it’s got a little surprise inside. It’s a mix of a tweed deluxe and a Harvard. First impressions are that it’s amazing…..of course I expected nothing less from such a quality builder. Full and rich, takes pedals ridiculously well, doesn’t flub out in the bottom end when it’s pushed either. Soooo good, I can’t wait to put in some time on it!

And just look at that hand wired “point to point” gorgeousness! AF6E3FDC-9B61-4C52-94E6-6C83EC42E8D4.jpeg 73714E19-0E09-4A07-8AB7-AECF4E391BA8.jpeg 11144550-2183-485C-9F6A-111C1D9300DB.jpeg 2815B1DE-03D7-4036-B421-070D84C5825E.jpeg 9FD60613-CD94-43F4-BC7F-A19265C74750.jpeg
P.S.-Steve is having some badges made up so I’ll be replacing the “Fender” one that the previous owner put on there with a “Moratto Amp Shop” one once they’re done

Hendrixlvr

Strat-O-Master
Jul 8, 2016
Mississauga
Lol, it’s hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like it’s taking one of the pe-amp tube out, thus I assume reducing the overall wattage, but I’m still learning about amps….
I’ll take a peek when I get home. That would be cool if that’s what it was!

Hendrixlvr

Strat-O-Master
Jul 8, 2016
Mississauga
Lol, it’s hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like it’s taking one of the pe-amp tube out, thus I assume reducing the overall wattage, but I’m still learning about amps….
So I flicked it and audibly I can’t tell the difference when I do. I’ll shoot the builder a message and ask him, he’s been super helpful already

Geoff06

Strat-Talker
Nov 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Congratulations! That looks like a beauty!

That little toggle looks interesting. At face value, switches mean options and I like options. It does look like it's controlling one side of V1. I'm interested in what the builder says. I don't remember seeing that before (and I haven't looked inside too many amps).

Hendrixlvr

Strat-O-Master
Jul 8, 2016
Mississauga
Ok! Info about the switch from the builder:

“I am a Gibson guy so sometimes I like to have a little bit of a different bass response and that is a cathode resistor switch for V1”

So I guess it’s a switch to either fatten or cut bass response depending on humbuckers or single coils. Cool!

Eric_G

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2021
Quebec
Ok! Info about the switch from the builder:

“I am a Gibson guy so sometimes I like to have a little bit of a different bass response and that is a cathode resistor switch for V1”

So I guess it’s a switch to either fatten or cut bass response depending on humbuckers or single coils. Cool!

That's interesting... is the switch accessible from outside the case or you'd have to remove the panel to engage it ?

Hendrixlvr

Strat-O-Master
Jul 8, 2016
Mississauga
That's interesting... is the switch accessible from outside the case or you'd have to remove the panel to engage it ?
Nope. I can just reach up inside and flick it. There’s enough room in the box to get my fingers up there. I’m assuming he wanted it like that as a “secret weapon” type thing