Nature photos that YOU took

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
I've passed this thread a few times with a thought about another ST member, @misterwogan who hasn't been seen in some time. He last posted in September of 2021.

While it's not unusual for members to just disappear periodically, I made some preliminary inquiries, but those who had contact with him outside of this site have been unsuccessful in making any contact. He had some serious health issues (I'm not talking out of school here, he spoke of them in various threads) and I don't want to fear the worst, but he was a very talented photographer who shared his site with me and if he's still around I don't think he'd mind me sharing the link.

He was extremely talented and his work deserves to be seen.

So this is for you Dave, wherever you are.

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Silver Member
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
Mama Bunny came by last night. She was in the front yard right before this. I was pulling into the garage and she was sitting next to the garage. So I got out and talked to the rabbit for a minute lol. Pretty sure she's the same one I got pics of a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty likely that this isn't the first time she's had babies here, as they tend to go back to the same place year after year, from what I've read.

Screenshot_20220525-064850_Wyze.jpg Screenshot_20220525-064743_Wyze.jpg Screenshot_20220525-064614_Wyze.jpg

StratoMutt

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2019
SE Pennsylvania
European Hornet. Not sure I have ever seen one.

My first stupid thought was MURDER WASP! wow2.gif

I later went out with a ruler and measured between the cracks and scratches on the upside down trash can using the image on the smartphone.

There is a haze in the image. Did not think to look at the lens first - it had a smudge on it. I thought a "smartphone" was supposed to notify when the lens was obstructed. Thought I recalled reading that...

Yep, a big bug!

IMG1295.jpg

Last edited: