Nature photos that YOU took

33db

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 14, 2018
Earth
Noooooo another cat photo, sorry filtered...
JbCfBDs.jpg

And a doggo photo to cleanse the palate.
iq4Wvon.jpg

This trip I took rekindled my desire to take photos, something I have been done since I was a very small boy, even made movies and animations with a super 8 camera.
So, I upgraded my camera Canon D90, I've been using the "Rebel" since the original "Rebel", upgraded when ever Canon offered a new version. (I have several lens that restricted my decision, so not a full frame DSLR )
Truly a great DSLR , I'm at T7i, but I decided to go one step up to the D90 (35 megapixel, faster photos, focus and video), could've got the full frame but then the majority of my lens are EF-S, something I never considered because every DSLR I have owned has been a Rebel. (APS-C), and now a D90 (APS-C).
Blah well I do go on, haven't felt this good about photography in a while, that trip was really good for me, I had to interact with people daily, walk and carry loads, manage driving and getting everything done.
Not hard stuff, but it did feel a bit anxiety provoking at first... now I can't wait for the next trip.

Eoraptor1

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 4, 2008
Niagara Falls, NY
I like to render the estuary surface like clothing hiding whats below, but also like to display her rocky bottom.
Because I have arelationship with the model, mother nature, how can I decide one or the other is better?
She mercury!

View attachment 582472 View attachment 582473
Speaking as someone with a crude artistic sensibility, you want to be careful about becoming too attracted to your models. Whenever I've, shall we say, approached one of mine, the results have been disastrous. Since I know the meaning of pals, I feel the need to warn you this Mother Nature you've become involved with has something of a mixed reputation. She can be moody.

JAMES

33db

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 14, 2018
Earth
Just added another lens to the stable... EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM
EW6lI2O.jpg

It's for the new body I purchased, but works great with a Rebel 800D!

Butcher of Strats

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 28, 2022
Maine
Speaking as someone with a crude artistic sensibility, you want to be careful about becoming too attracted to your models. Whenever I've, shall we say, approached one of mine, the results have been disastrous. Since I know the meaning of pals, I feel the need to warn you this Mother Nature you've become involved with has something of a mixed reputation. She can be moody.

JAMES
But what could she really take from me?

B4D87C14-AB75-4C9C-8181-7842D41DF770.jpeg

Latest posts