NBMD!

Discussion in 'Home Recording Studio' started by Believer7713, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:20 PM.

1. Believer7713

Believer7713 The Pink Bunny Man Thing Strat-Talk Supporter

No no no its not a new bowel movement day! Though those are always worth celebrating too.
    This one is a New Budget Microphone Day. I wanted to start recording my amp for what I am hearing and not just going DI from the amp to the board. Since I am on a bit of a tight budget for a while now I decided to go with a cheaper version of the instrument standard SM57. I picked up this Pyle PDMIC78 which is actually not a bad little mic for home use. Shure it's not the real deal. (See what I did there ) If I was running a real recording studio then I would go for the Shure or a Senheiser but for the home recording that I do this will be more than good enough.
    It seems a little light weight but again, it gets the job done. It also comes with an XLR to 1/4 inch cable but I already have an XLR so this one will go into the Pyle of unused whatever. (I did it again)
    I took it out of the box and tested it this evening and it picked up the sound and transfered it to the board really well and was surprisingly clear. I can't wait to really start getting my amp miced up for some full speaker saturation now to see how it does.
    Pics or it didn't happen...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Keith268, ajb1965, Groovey and 3 others like this.
  2. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

No new bowel movement day
    I'm
    Chagrined...

Actually can't wait to hear

3. guitarchaeologist

guitarchaeologist Artist Formerly Known as π Strat-Talk Supporter

Excellent vocab Thom! One of my top ten fav words :)

4. Malurkey

Malurkey Senior Stratmaster

I am afraid to ask but:

What would constitute a NEW bowel movement? I only get the old familiar ones... :whistling:

5. Believer7713

You are just looking at from the wrong perspective;). Think of it like never being able to jump into the same river twice:rolleyes:. Every one is unique and one of a kind.:p

6. Malurkey

Malurkey Senior Stratmaster

I’m not sure if I’m disappointed or relieved... o_O

7. Believer7713

Well I am normally relieved but then I sometimes get disappointed when round two come up. Then the relief brightens my mood again.:rolleyes: