Join Strat-Talk Today

Neighbors be blowin **** up

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by 3bolt79, Jul 5, 2019.

1. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

well darkness has fallen on the neighborhood, and the neighbors are shooting mortars. I got my dog some Trazadone yesterday from the vet. My dog is resting through all the booms and noise, instead of hiding in the bath tub like before. This time of year and New Years sure seems to be hard on little dogs like mine. Anybody else resort to pharmaceuticals for pets this 4th of July?

2. Antstrat

Antstrat Senior Stratmaster

Yep, got my golden on trazadone too.

Alan Crossley, rolandson and 3bolt79 like this.
  3. circles

circles Grand Inquistor Strat-Talk Supporter

A lot people around here have no respect for their neighbors, especially ones with pets.

4. rolandson

rolandson Still Breathing Strat-Talk Supporter

It affects more than dogs.

Fun trivia...
    Neighbor down the street is an officer with our fire department...in a city and state where fireworks are illegal.

A few years back he decided to impress us with his "author-a-tah" by launching commercial grade mortars from his front yard. These things were shaking houses and dumping cinders all over.

Not a popular fellow to begin with, every year he gets a card in the mail telling him that more than one video camera is pointed at his house, and signed:

"Go ahead, make my day...please!"

5. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

Hey, it is Fourth of July, but the guys in the house behind me aren’t even supposed to have the mortars. I hope they don’t get busted, but the fire danger on my neighbor’s property is high. He has tall grass and dried leaves. I went out and watered my yard front and back earlier.

Alan Crossley likes this.
  6. rjhalsey

rjhalsey Strat-Talker

That is why we stay at home on the 4th. My do would freak out if we were not here and the neighbors were lighting off fireworks.

7. Neil.C

Neil.C Most Honored Senior Member

Selfish behaviour.

Celebrate by all means but don't upset neighbours and especially pets.

8. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Down here in Hooterville everybody has dogs and some have cats but many also have
    livestock so I guess the mentality is that animals don't really deserve the love and
    respect I know they do so it was mortars away , shpit was shaking the whole house !

3bolt79 and Alan Crossley like this.
  9. Bodean

Bodean Just A Simple Man Strat-Talk Supporter

My fearless Chihuahua growled at the first few ka booms, and then all was good. Good dog.

Grux, 3bolt79, Alan Crossley and 2 others like this.
  10. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Strat-Talker

My 13 lb fur-ball is a big chicken. He jumps when a tall blade of grass tickles his belly. But he does not react at all to thunder or fireworks. Leaves me scratching my head.

3bolt79, Alan Crossley and johnnymg like this.
  11. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Senior Stratmaster

My "tough guy" dog spent the night up my azz.

12. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Strat-Talker

Guess it was dark and quiet.

13. Uncle Jimmy

Uncle Jimmy Senior Stratmaster

I live on the beach in CT. There are enough large private fireworks (by licensed pyrotechnicians AND freelancers) to start a revolution. Makes the town's display look like child's play. Not sure who, but someone set off some monster mortars. The ones I'm familiar with are a half stick of dynamite worth and a big star burst, 500 to 800 feet up. These were very low, no starburst. And really shook the whole neighborhood. I used to be a real fireworks junky, crossed state lines and spent too much money. Now content to watch and hope nobody starts a fire on my roof. Poor cat was cowering under the guest room bed all night. The fact we had a house full of people probably didn't help either.

14. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

Our high strung feline needed more cuddling than normal. That's not such a bad thing.

15. UltraStrat

UltraStrat Strat-Talk Member

I had a big strong German Shepard that was terrified of thunder and fireworks. I had a little poodle that was not bothered, she would look up at first noise, bark and go about whatever she was doing indoors or out. Two cats now, not bothered by the explosions after being skittish for the first few seconds. One neighbor had a party and it was intense on the street for an hour or so last night.

16. Believer7713

Believer7713 Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

Both of my boys are wound tighter than a drum skin on the 4th. So last night Mrs. Believer and I let them down on the couch with us (the first time since I got home from the hospital as I still have stitches) to comfort them. They both laid on our laps and didn't flinch a single time except for the short time we had to take a bathroom break from watching ID4...then it was like someone had stuck them with a cattle prod everytime a mortar shell went off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

17. 33db

33db Strat-O-Master

I wouldn't be so sure, surprised to find out vets have a pill to calm dogs down.
    Makes sense, didn't know about it.

3bolt79 and Bob the builder like this.
  18. Lovnmesomestrat

Lovnmesomestrat Strat-O-Master

Glad you're home and recovering OK man, also good to know your "youngons" were up there to protect you and 'momma' :thumb:

LMSS

3bolt79 and Believer7713 like this.
  19. rafasounds

rafasounds Senior Stratmaster

I would like to live in a country where civilization, laws and the people actually have some power. Where I live we (the unfortunate more civilized people) have to endure such demonstrations of dumbness and savagery all the time and there is nothing we can do about it other than be quiet and glad we are allowed some place on the corner to just exist. The big majority of people have really regressed to jungle standards, or even worse, no standards at all apart from who's the more badass criminal with more illegal guns and intimidation power. Some of them can be neighbors of decent people. They will come in and proceed to turn on their loud music at any time of the day, walk on the streets randomly screaming with each other, dump all kinds of garbage on sidewalks and vandalize the entire neighborhood, and if somebody dares to complain, they might just kill them at the drop of a hat, because they know the "law" here is a very loose thing that doesn't actually work, and the only law remaining is the law of sheer animal force and barbarism. Who screams louder and is willing to live that way can get away with killing decent people, turning once decent neighborhoods into smuggling centers, and imposing their lifestyle onto the rest. This society is really this bad and I haven't told one percent of the whole story.

3bolt79 likes this.
  20. davidKOS

davidKOS playing, teaching, recording Strat-Talk Supporter

Someone was exploding fireworks and such at midnight last night, and it went on for over 1/2 hour.

I don't think that was the best time of the night to do so.

Dewey, 3bolt79 and montemerrick like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.