Neon Player Stratocaster pickup covers?

junkopardner

New Member!
Aug 19, 2022
Indiana
Hello all,

I’m new to the site as I’ve just purchased my first Stratocaster and I wanted to change out the pickguard, backplate, pickup covers, knobs and switch tip to various neon colors.

I’ve looked about everywhere and all I can find in neon pickup covers, knobs and switch tips are the cheap Chinese ones that don’t fit, and the DiMarzios that I’ve heard are too tall.

What I’m looking for is hot pink pickup covers to fit the stock Player Strat pickups. I figured it would be an easy switch but it’s turned into the impossible search. I’ve seen the new George Harrison Rocky Strat tribute model and it has neon pickup covers, so I know Fender makes them.

If anyone can help I’d greatly appreciate it as I’m completely stumped. It just doesn’t make any sense that Fender only has variations on black and white for pickup covers.

Thanks again

junkopardner

New Member!
Aug 19, 2022
Indiana
Fender's on their 'Rocky' tribute are also plain white covers painted with DayGlo fluorescent markers....I have seen cheapie dark blue and also pink green red etc and gold etc chinese made ones on ebay.......but not what you want if you want 'neon'......
Yeah it’s starting to look like the cheap Chinese ones are about it for any colorful ones. And on those I’ve heard the holes don’t line up. I found another place that sells some but there are no holes for the pole pieces, so I guess you have to poke your own holes but I don’t know how to do that. It’s been a frustrating experience for sure, because I never expected the covers to be that hard to find.

Thanks again

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Yeah it’s starting to look like the cheap Chinese ones are about it for any colorful ones. And on those I’ve heard the holes don’t line up. I found another place that sells some but there are no holes for the pole pieces, so I guess you have to poke your own holes but I don’t know how to do that. It’s been a frustrating experience for sure, because I never expected the covers to be that hard to find.

Thanks again
Wouldn't have been frustrating if you asked us about pickup covers to replace your Player Series pickup in the first place, then we could have told you all about these sizes etc....

They WILL if you order the right size

PIckup covers come in 3 sizes, you need to know in advance - 48mm, 50mm, and 52mm hole spacing

If you had a Squier or something else you'd need to measure all 3

But Fender Player Series (Mexico) pickups - that's easy - 52-52-52, so you need to order 3 covers, all 52mm spacing.....

junkopardner

New Member!
Aug 19, 2022
Indiana
Wouldn't have been frustrating if you asked us about pickup covers to replace your Player Series pickup in the first place, then we could have told you all about these sizes etc....

They WILL if you order the right size

PIckup covers come in 3 sizes, you need to know in advance - 48mm, 50mm, and 52mm hole spacing

If you had a Squier or something else you'd need to measure all 3

But Fender Player Series (Mexico) pickups - that's easy - 52-52-52, so you need to order 3 covers, all 52mm spacing.....
Just to clarify, the cheap Chinese ones are listed as the correct size (52) but some of the reviews said that they were incorrect, which isn’t really surprising. The frustration just comes from my own assumptions about availability and options of parts, and that’s clearly on me.

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Just to clarify, the cheap Chinese ones are listed as the correct size (52) but some of the reviews said that they were incorrect, which isn’t really surprising. The frustration just comes from my own assumptions about availability and options of parts, and that’s clearly on me.

Only buy from sellers that list exact measurements :) Incorrect for what, they said? Fender Mexico/Usa or import?

junkopardner

New Member!
Aug 19, 2022
Indiana
Only buy from sellers that list exact measurements :) Incorrect for what, they said? Fender Mexico/Usa or import?
I’d love to buy from sellers with the correct measurements lol. They said for stock American strat pickups, which are also 52. The length was correct but the holes were off. Also the switch tip doesn’t fit either.

I did however find a seller on Reverb called ‘Black Zap Galaxy’ out of Seattle and they have amazing covers and knobs in all kinds of neon and glitter etc. The only problem is their listing for neon pink isn’t quite hot pink. It’s fairly close so I may grab that set in 52-52-52.

But first, I’m going to order a stock white accessory kit from Sweetwater and try to paint them myself. Maybe a spray white primer base, then some neon pink, and a gloss top coat.

Now I’m on to find the best paint in that color it seems.

Here’s a photo of the neon pink glitter ones from Black Zap Galaxy.

Thanks all

Attachments

• 2BD7AE61-265F-4CA4-BD0E-94F2BC30E87E.jpeg
    2BD7AE61-265F-4CA4-BD0E-94F2BC30E87E.jpeg
    420.2 KB · Views: 4

Guitarmageddon

Dr. Stratster
Apr 19, 2014
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I’d love to buy from sellers with the correct measurements lol. They said for stock American strat pickups, which are also 52. The length was correct but the holes were off. Also the switch tip doesn’t fit either.

I did however find a seller on Reverb called ‘Black Zap Galaxy’ out of Seattle and they have amazing covers and knobs in all kinds of neon and glitter etc. The only problem is their listing for neon pink isn’t quite hot pink. It’s fairly close so I may grab that set in 52-52-52.

But first, I’m going to order a stock white accessory kit from Sweetwater and try to paint them myself. Maybe a spray white primer base, then some neon pink, and a gloss top coat.

Now I’m on to find the best paint in that color it seems.

Here’s a photo of the neon pink glitter ones from Black Zap Galaxy.

Thanks all

The 5-way switch tip on these will never fit an open vintage style 5-way ......forgot to mention.....

junkopardner

New Member!
Aug 19, 2022
Indiana
I have a suggestion: 3d printing w/neon pink filament.

There's even models available: Sample 1, Sample 2

If you can get these to a 3D-printing hobbyist, I'm sure they can make a set to your specs.
Thanks. I did think about that after I thought of possibly sending a white accessory kit to some place that could dye the plastic. But I didn’t really know what to search for that, and then thought of the 3D printers and how great it would be to have one of those right now lol. Unfortunately I don’t know anyone who has one, but maybe there are companies online that could do it.

If I had one I think I’d start a small business making every Fender accessory part in every color and finish. After my exhaustive hours of searching and even calling Fender, I can honestly say there is no one really in that market.

CB91710

No GAS shortage here
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Feb 24, 2019
SoCal
I've bought those before. Some of the Fender noiseless pickups have odd pole spacings that don't match the Fender plastics kits.
The Chinese covers are so cheap, I bought sets in all available spacings... the pickup set I was using has different spacing for the bridge anyways.

Trying to remember the name of the company... Eye-something?

Found it eyguitarmusic