Never that lucky!

Ian Ashdown

Strat-O-Master
Apr 16, 2019
San Clemente, CA
I had to make a quick run to the dump today to get rid of some old garden furniture, umbrellas etc and as I’m in the line to get in, popular place apparently, in the trailer of the guy in front of me is a Fender Amp with a huge single speaker.

From a distance it looked a bit rough, but I though Amp resto project! Great!

After the dumpee’s had left, I went to see if I could rescue it. First of all it was buried under old fence parts, and only when I’d uncovered did I find that they had thrown a cinder block through the screen which had then gone through the cone of a 15” speaker. It was a BXR 200. I tried to pull it out from under all the old fence parts but the MDF case just crumbled in my hand. It must have been damp a some point in its life. I did pull off the front screen and salvaged this:
5148D551-BBB0-4120-94D8-44B40C153903.jpeg
It’s a nice metal badge and might adorn one of my tool boxes!

Oh well, how often do you really get something for nothing?

Ian
SoCal

Lonn

Mod Admin
Staff member
Jul 6, 2014
Carmel IN
Nice! I have one of those mounted on a plate behind a wall hanger behind my bar. You can just see it in the back ground.

I2l2MpB.jpg

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Silver Member
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
I had to make a quick run to the dump today to get rid of some old garden furniture, umbrellas etc and as I’m in the line to get in, popular place apparently, in the trailer of the guy in front of me is a Fender Amp with a huge single speaker.

From a distance it looked a bit rough, but I though Amp resto project! Great!

After the dumpee’s had left, I went to see if I could rescue it. First of all it was buried under old fence parts, and only when I’d uncovered did I find that they had thrown a cinder block through the screen which had then gone through the cone of a 15” speaker. It was a BXR 200. I tried to pull it out from under all the old fence parts but the MDF case just crumbled in my hand. It must have been damp a some point in its life. I did pull off the front screen and salvaged this:
View attachment 506068
It’s a nice metal badge and might adorn one of my tool boxes!

Oh well, how often do you really get something for nothing?

Ian
SoCal

Ken Rose @ Squier Talk just did. Got a 65 Fender amp, from a lady throwing away a Frontman 10g. For free(we'll, at first. He made them take payment lol). He stopped for the 10g and she said she had another Fender amp, too. He didn't even look at it til he got home and then promptly went back and tried to return it. Then, IIRC, gave them as much as he could afford to pay for it even though they asked for nothing in return. Then they told him they'll call him when they pull the guitars out(likely vintage, as well). They all belonged to the woman's dad and they were cleaning his stuff out. Ken said they had already given away a brand new motorcycle and a bunch of other stuff. They weren't interested in making any money from it. No ebay or Reverb. They just wanted it cleaned out, I guess.

It happens. You just gotta be at the right place at the right time.

Edit: I'm recalling that from memory so I could be wrong on minor details but that's the gist of it.

Last edited:

Believer7713

The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein
Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
Nice badge!
I had a BXR200 for several years. I just couldn't gel with it. I took the BXR straight to GC and sold it in less than an hour after bringing home my Crate bass amp that I picked up at a garage sale for $50. I sold the BXR for $150 I think. IIRC I hot it in a trade with an Ibanez Ergodine bass about 13 years ago.