Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

new amp on the horizon ,,,

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by SilvaStrat, Mar 21, 2017 at 12:07 AM.

Tags:
  1. SilvaStrat

SilvaStrat Strat-Talker

Dec 1, 2015
    Fort Worth,tx
    i found a mesa boogie lonestar head for 900 bucks , the guy says is I'm perfect condition , i have a blues deluxe , but i think with the mesa i will be able to get better tone at bedroom volume at 5 watts settings . am I right ? the price sounds very convenient , ay thoughts ??

Attached Files:

2. Braumeisterblake

Braumeisterblake Strat-Talker

Feb 17, 2017
    Wheaton, Il
    I was jonesing for a lonestar to be able to run it low wattage,but I'm good with my hot rod

3. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Most Honored Senior Member

Disappointed. New amp on the horizon should be a Sunn.

D

Mansonienne, Bodean and GuitarPix like this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Misfit

Misfit Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2011
    Netherlands
    Depends... If this is your bedroom, it'll be fine:
    [​IMG]

Not so much:
    [​IMG]

6. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Shouldn't this be in the amp section?

Jigglebone likes this.
  7. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Strat-Talker

Sep 4, 2015
    New Jersey
    5 watts is still deafeningly loud.

The biggest difference is the harmonic content and playing feel.

8. alainvey

alainvey Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2015
    London, UK
    My thr 10 modeller sounds better than my 5w laney at bedroom levels. 5w is too much to get the amp working hard at acceptable volumes imo.

LeicaBoss, TheDuck and Stratoskater like this.
  9. frpax

frpax Strat-Talker

Dec 19, 2013
    Nikolaev, Ukraine
    One of the best amps I've ever had was a Lonestar. When I get back to the States, I plan on getting another.

In my opinion, it has better cleans than a Fender and the OD is heavenly.

Yeah, I'm an enormous fan of the Lonestar.

10. TheDuck

TheDuck Senior Stratmaster

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    The Lonestar will outperform the Blues Deluxe on any and every level.
    The BD shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as the LS.

Congrats on a fine amp :thumb:

**NOTE: The 5w setting is going to be louder than you might think. If you expect it to be whisper quiet, you may be disappointed.

henderman likes this.
  11. alainvey

Jan 31, 2015
    London, UK
    If you do get it, it will still sound very good, I'm sure.

If it has a master volume, be sure to max that and use the gain/preamp to control the output.

12. gofmusic

gofmusic Strat-O-Master

Sep 24, 2013
    Montevideo
    Why is that @alainvey ?

Using my cub12r at <1W, YES, LESS THAN 1 WATT, sometimes is too loud given the time of the day, etc. Do you say that it sounds better at low volume with the power section pushed more than the preamp? Cant wait to get home and run some tests :p

alainvey likes this.
  13. alainvey

Jan 31, 2015
    London, UK
    I believe this to be the case. I am not an amp expert, but I am very good at reading other people's opinions and assuming them as my own :D

gofmusic likes this.
  14. SilvaStrat

SilvaStrat Strat-Talker

Dec 1, 2015
    Fort Worth,tx
    I have a THR10, I like it , I use as a practice , just feels like a toy , I am new on electric guitar, my blues deluxe defenetly sounds good , but with my playing skills , I feel a chill go down my spine , is too loud to amplify the crap I play , :))))))):)
    I literaly feel scared when i want practice and turn on my blues deluxe, lol, when i drop the volume lower than 2 , and my strat in half of volume , it sounds bearable , but sounds like a amp under water ,
    apparently I need to play more with my THR10

15. SilvaStrat

SilvaStrat Strat-Talker

Dec 1, 2015
    Fort Worth,tx
    I had a eureka moment here,:thumbd:
    the wattage does not matter much on the volume , is just a way to choose if your amp is more or less capable of handling the signal you are sending in? less wattage it will be a little less volume , but it will distort more with your signal? am I right ?
    so that being said i can play live with a 5 watts amp if the sound makes me happy , that does not mean it is quiet ?:thumbd:
    that being said a fender bass breaker 007 can be loud as my blues deluxe? :thumbd:

16. SilvaStrat

SilvaStrat Strat-Talker

Dec 1, 2015
    Fort Worth,tx
    So for practicing , the THR10 as physical amp is the best option and modeling pedal board and Plugins are the only way to be quiet enough and be as close you can get from tube?
    even if you get a small tube amp , if there is a little speaker it will sound not professional,,,
    holly , I can see now ,

17. SilvaStrat

SilvaStrat Strat-Talker

Dec 1, 2015
    Fort Worth,tx
    news I sent a question to the seller and , I guess the reason he says is a "hard to Find" head, is because is a 5,15,30 watts head .
    does that is good ? it will be like a single speaker combo right ?:thumbd:

18. henderman

henderman Senior Stratmaster

Dec 4, 2013
    largo,fl
    I deeply regret selling my Lone Star Special 1 x 12 combo, but even on the 5 watt setting - it is not even close to being a bedroom whisper machine.

SilvaStrat likes this.
  19. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    The longer I live in a city the size of LA, the more I wish I had a place like that top pic. My current pad isn't much more than the bottom one...

20. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    Correct. Wattage doesn't matter that much. If you have a speaker with a sensitivity of 95 dB, a 1 watt amp will put out 95 dB of sound. That's still pretty loud.
    As you push a low-wattage amp more though, it overdrives at a lower volume, so low-wattage amps are good if you like that driven sound.