Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

New Amplifier Day Vox VT 20 plus modeling amplifier.

Discussion in 'DIY Amp Forum' started by Elvis v, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Elvis v

Elvis v Strat-Talker

Apr 11, 2017
    My place.
    I found a used real dirty Vox amplifier. A Vov VT 20 plus. Dirty bought it and cleaned it up. It is a amazing amplifier. 1 tube 33 amp model's. Expensive amps to the cheap. Foot pedals. Effects. Some of the best reverb ever. Does 10 times more than my old modeling amps. Even the old expensive Johnson Mirage JT-50. Weighs 17 pounds. 99 presets. Songs. You name it. I downloaded the manual. It is one of the nicest amplifiers I have owned. So any one got one? What do you think of my new amplifier? vox-vt20-plus-valvetronix-mvo.jpg

Nick Evans and circles like this.

2. Mr C

Mr C Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Feb 17, 2016
    New Zealand
    I used to have one of the older versions of these many moons ago, I thought it was a great practice amp, does the Vox clean tone as well as their tube amps at sensible volumes. Like most small modellers the drive is a bit average but the on board modulation and time effects are pretty good.

3. CaseCandy

CaseCandy Senior Stratmaster

May 9, 2015
    UK/Ireland
    I agree this is a great practice amp. I have an older VT30 and one of the ways I did repetitive practice by playing something through all the amps and all the effects. There are a lot.

4. Elvis v

Elvis v Strat-Talker

Apr 11, 2017
    My place.
    We all have too many amplifiers. But this one does more than all of them. And the Vox glassy amplifier sound is my favorite.

5. rudos1

rudos1 Senior Stratmaster

Aug 16, 2013
    Boston
    I have one too for bedroom use. Even better with the footswitch. I use the Clean (Dumble) and Brit Rock (JCM800) the most.. Great amp covers a ton of ground..

6. RaySachs

RaySachs Strat-Talker

Jun 25, 2017
    Philly area
    Had a newer version VT20X and liked it a lot, ultimately went for the even smaller Adio, which has most of the same models. Like Vox modeling a lot - sounds tube-ier than other modelers I've used. Have never tried the older VT+ series. Enjoy!

-Ray