Join Strat-Talk Today

New around here witha few questions

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Auriemma, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Auriemma

Auriemma Strat-Talk Member

First up... My name is Joe and I have been playing since for 30+ years (and I still play poorly), I stopped for about 12 years and recently pulled my guitars out of the closet and I am getting back into it.

1991 Strat Dlx questions...

I have a few questions for my more learned colleagues:

1. My 1991 Strat Dlx is off white with a slight blue/green tint. Is this Artic or Vintage?

2. What do you clean a maple neck with? I know you don't use oil.

3. There is some brown discoloration at the topside cutout and on the topside bevel. I have tried getting it off, no luck. Considering I haven't played it that much, What is it?

4. What the difference between a Strat Deluxe and a Plus?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  2. StratmanNick

StratmanNick Senior Stratmaster

Hi and welcome.

Sorry I cant answer all your questions, however on the colour issue I would think it's an ageing thing. Seems that white is a colour that shows age rather more easily than others for some reason. Your guitar being 17 years old and having lived in a case would probably accelerate this.

For cleaning necks/boards if it isn't too dirty I'd recommend your own breath. A good hard huff & a buff should sort it out.

Question 3 is a tricky one but am sure someone more knowledgable than me can help you on this one.

It's always nice to hear of someone returning to the guitar, good luck

3. Auriemma

Auriemma Strat-Talk Member

As for the color, I'm leaning towards Artic (Arctic?).
    Vintage looks too yellow. Olympic is too white.

4. Bangbang

Bangbang Senior Stratmaster

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.