Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

new duo with woman singer

Discussion in 'MyMusic Forum' started by didger, Dec 22, 2015.

1. didger

didger Senior Stratmaster

Feb 5, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    I posted a few simple acoustic videos back in February when I first hooked up with Cammi and a few of you dug it, so hopefully y'all will dig where we've gone with it. We've just launched as the "band" Sidecar Judy. Any love you're inspired to give us on social media would be much appreciated. Here lie our links:

our website - www.sidecarjudy.com
    patreon - https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
    facebook - https://www.facebook.com/sidecarjudy/
    twitter - https://twitter.com/SidecarJudy
    cdbaby - http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/sidecarjudy
    bandcamp - https://sidecarjudy.bandcamp.com

Here's our pitch video we just launched on Patreon (in which a Stratocaster, Telecaster and Jazzmaster are all briefly seen).

Here's the song from our first video which will release in about a week.

And lastly, here's one of the Strattiest parts of our album.

If you checked all that out, thanks for humoring me this far. :)

2. Barb

Barb Senior Stratmaster

Jun 24, 2015
    South Carolina
    Cool song and voice is great. Sounds James Bondish. Good playing!

3. didger

Feb 5, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    Ha! We didn't plan it when we started, but yeah, after it started coming together, we thought that last song started sounding Bondish. I'm trying to come up with a way to make a Bondish video to match. Not an action film, just something like the opening credits sequences.

Thanks for listening, Barb!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Teddy Watkins

Teddy Watkins Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2009
    Florida
    Nice work. Good quality all around. The album's styles reminds me of several things I like. Picked up "Slow Down".

6. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    Good to hear from you guys again. I'm happy the project seems to really be taking off. Best of luck with it. You guys sound great.

7. didger

Feb 5, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    Thanks, Mouse. We've stayed quiet while developing everything and she was out of town for 4 months for a job, but we're going for it now.

Teddy, we got a couple of Patreon patrons who got full album downloads, but you are our first normal sale. Thanks so much! We shall endeavor to take our $.75 share of the sale and make you proud. :)

Lovnmesomestrat likes this.

8. Teddy Watkins

Sep 25, 2009
    Florida
    Awwwe. Now I feel cheap, lol. I might actually pick up a couple others but I knew I definitely wanted that one. Did you guys DIY the recordings or did you studio it?

9. didger

Feb 5, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    Haha, don't feel cheap. I feel like a million bucks because anybody bought anything from us nobodies. :)

It's DIY, but I've got a lot invested in my home studio as I also do indie film and commercial music. I don't have a great vocal mic pre-amp or a perfectly isolated recording booth, but we got by. I dabbled in letting somebody else mix it, but after one song demo, I went back to doing it myself. The guy was a real pro, but was putting his own creative spin on the music with the mix rather than just taking my mixes and making them sound better with smarter eq and compression use, which is what I really wanted. So I just did my best and then paid an old friend who's a great mastering engineer to do his work. Paul Abbott at Zen Mastering. Highly recommended. We did everything digital, but his analog mastering added some nice warmth and air.

You'll probably see all of my little studio in the videos we put out. Actually, you can see most angles on it with a quick browse through the Midlife Crisis Guitar Cover series I did last year.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNHtlzWeo6xxfgSHqHTmB7Js4WP52lDNb

10. Teddy Watkins

Sep 25, 2009
    Florida
    The video is what made me think you guys did it yourself. Good work. Trying to convince my band to try and DIY record some of our originals before shelling out studio money. At least to have a demo reference. People have done more with less.

11. didger

Feb 5, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    Here's our first video. We'd appreciate any views, subscriptions & shares that you're inspired to give. I love this song. I think it's the second song we ever played together, and I said, "what the heck? You wrote a new love song!" I mean, the idea is that she can't stand dreamless nights because dreaming is the only time she can be with the guy. I hadn't heard that one before!

Swingbass and Lovnmesomestrat like this.

12. tmcgee

tmcgee Strat-O-Master Gold Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Boston, MA
    This is very sweet, love it!

13. Lovnmesomestrat

Lovnmesomestrat Strat-O-Master

May 11, 2014
    At Home
    This song is indeed beautiful and is worth the price of admission!!!!!

LMSS

14. didger

Feb 5, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    Thanks, guys! Don't mention the price or I'll start posting links to the ways you can support us again. :)

Lovnmesomestrat likes this.

15. didger

Feb 5, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    We stooped to a cover for our second video. :) No Strats are showing up yet, but Fender's in there this time with a Jazzmaster.

Swingbass and Lovnmesomestrat like this.

16. didger

Feb 5, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    OK, this is our one song with no guitar at all, but I'm still gonna post it here cuz at least one person on here seems to care about us. :)

17. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 25, 2012
    New Jersey
    You guys have come a long way. That's a slick production and cool video. I dig it and gather I'd dig it more with a few more listens. Have you guys begun to play out?

18. didger

Feb 5, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    Hey Mouse, sorry I missed this message somehow. Thanks! I'm really proud of that video for a few reasons, but mostly because it was my crazy idea and it actually worked!

We've done a few acoustic house concerts and open mics, but nothing else yet. When we started a year ago, we tried to get a band together but couldn't get anyone decent to join our startup. So we went ahead and did an album as a duo. As of a week ago, we have a band, but Cammi is going away in April for almost 5 months for a honeymoon and a job. I'm hoping to shoot some live in-studio videos with the band before she goes but don't know if everyone will be ready. But we're trying to get enough videos done before she goes to release two a month and get some momentum going on the web.

Here are the latest. Finally things are Stratty, at least in the first one. The second one is Taylory.

Swingbass likes this.

19. didger

Feb 5, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    Here's the latest, featuring a day we spent out and about running afoul of the law while trying to play on the street.

20. ido1957

ido1957 Strat-O-Master

Oct 13, 2014
    Canada
    Great song and video Randy and Cammi - hope to hear and/or see a video of the band before April :)

didger likes this.

21. dbbluesproject

dbbluesproject Senior Stratmaster

Nov 3, 2015
    Maine
    First off love the band name.
    Secondly really enjoyed the music........my favorite song and video was the one without guitar not because it doesn't have guitar.....it's just very creative, original and it all just kind of falls together in a very comfortable way.

If you are anything like me, you probably have some self doubt.....DON'T........you are on the right track......:)

Really liked the video do you do video for hire?

db

didger likes this.