New effect coming home today - EH Electric Mistress

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Axis29, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Axis29

Axis29 Strat-O-Master

I've been waiting for this pedal to come in off back order for what seems like three trillion months...

EH sent the wrong pedal the first time around and I though, well , maybe this Deluxe Electric Mistress will work for me. Go tit home and I really never found much I could use it for...

Ahhh, but I played with one of the Stereo Electric Mistresses before buying it and I'm really looking forward to playing with it!

Anybody else got one of these pedals?

2. midifarm

midifarm Commercial Suspension

I like the original EM's (even though they were finicky) and the original EM Deluxe. I don't like the Stereo version though. To thin and digital sounding. I think the current EM Deluxe is still made to the original specs.

3. Axis29

Axis29 Strat-O-Master

That's actually really interesting. EH actually sent a Deluxe one time and I brought it home and tried it. I didn't find much useful about it (for my style that is). It did do some weird stuff, but really nothing I could use. It sounded nice for what it was and what it did.

But the Stereo Electric Mistress is very lush and rich with lots fo noises for me to play with and use! I don't find it digital sounding or thin at all! I was having fun with it last night for a little while and will put together a full review here before too long.

I am not a huge time based funky guy. I play pretty straight up with a little slapback. This makes chorus one of those things I had back in the early 90's, but haven't touched since. I decided I wanted a little something because I do play in a cover band and we do some 80's stuff (The police, Cheap Trick, stuff like that) and I thought a decent chorus pedal to replace the Dan Electro might be a good idea. The first time I heard the Stereo Electric Mistress review from Pro Guitar Shop, I was in...

YouTube - Electro Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress

The cool thing is the combination fo flanger and chorus that makes it really, really useful. I doubt I could bring myself ot buy just a flanger....

4. midifarm

midifarm Commercial Suspension

Andy Summers used the EH EM Deluxe pretty much on everything! I hope the stereo version works out well for you. Cheers!